Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Cravings not bad

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there~! I am cravin pretty bad right NOW but holding on for dear life! Good Luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grammy45, Glad that you have set a quit date, and congratulations on the decision to quit smoking, even on weekends. NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!! Welcome to SSC. Be determined to do this quit, have courage, and be strong. Post when you need help or have a question. Good luck to you Gammy... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$230,121.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 1

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Grammy45, Grammy, congratulations on starting day 3, and I am happy that you are still excited about you quit. Whatever it take to keep you quit do it, even if you are grumpy or crying, and crying some more. You are right always be prepared. Stay strong, determined, and gather all the courage you can fine. You're doing great..So keep up the good work. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$230,121.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 1

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, beginning day 3 and I am still very excited. Again, last night I got a little grumpy a little weepy but all in all the cravings are fairly easy to push away. Hoping it stays that way but always prepared. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Thanks for the responses. I am sticking close to the sight and will post as needed. Making it through one day/hour at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
That is what caused my downfall. Wanting/craving a cig was merely a passing thought. So my brain told me since it wasn't so bad, I could have a puff or two on the weekend and just do it again. well that has been the case now every weekend for the last month. I hope this time that I can deal with the cravings just as easily. I will post when I hear the monster trying his tricks again. Thanks for listening. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gammy, How you doing? I hope you are handling the infamous hell week okay. Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gammy, That nicodemon is quite the trickster and very sly isn't it! We quitters have to watch it, little craving by little craving, and not let it get the upper hand. I've been there and done that and want no more of that just one occasional puff or just one occasional cig roller coaster. Don't kid yourself, as you will be right back to smoking more often than the occasional cig just as soon as the nicodemon deems it the right time. So, Stay close to this site and your changes of quitting increase by 75%! Okay Okay, I don't know if that figure is accurate, but your chances WILL increase (I guess I am getting back at the smoker's lack-of-health statistics). So, strap yourself in and remember that even these slight, seemlessly innocent cravings will not last forever! (That is, if you don't smoke). Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gammy, Avoid situations that will tempt you and distract yourself :) Have a coping mechanism such as a chew stick or gum to substitute. Post often and let us know, we can help. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: