Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Day 1 yet again

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stu, A drama king, huh? Alright Drama King, I've got a challenge for you: Answer these questions (not here on this post, but for yourself): Do you have a family? kids? pets? if not, do you want them? Do you have any goals? dreams? desires? Do you enjoy what you do? if not, what do you want to do, really? Do you have any real needs that need tending too right NOW? Why do you keep putting them off? Now listen. I used smoking as a way to procrastinate living my life, taking care of things, in a word, claiming RESPONSIBILITY. You aren't a kid. There is a time we need to get responsible and take responsibility for ourselves, our lives, and the CHOICES we make. As long as you can take responsibility for your choice to keep smoking, and be OK with that choice, then so be it. You are the only one who has to truly face yourself in the mirror at the end of the day. As far as my mirror goes, in a word, HONESTY. Looking in that mirror and getting honest with myself is the best thing I can do. And I am doing it every day now. And also really looking at my life. And when I decided to quit, I decided to quit. I didn't choose. I DECIDED. I stopped. That's it. I stopped. NOPE. End of story. Think about those questions and ponder your universe for awhile. Figure out why you keep slipping. What are you really choosing to do? I am going to challenge you to do that for yourself today. And your challenge will be to NOT smoke while you are doing it. :) Let us know how you are doing. Many Blessings, Eve :) Proud to be a C.A.R.E. (Crazy April Reformed Exhaler) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Were you keeping a pack nearby? Or going to the store to buy them? Just curious............. :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $179.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK Guys I screwed up again, but I am not going to let that stop me. I am reseting the meter and day 1 of the rest of my life begins today. I know I am a "Drama King". I really want this to work and I truly want this to be the last time I have to make this type of post. It is getting way too old. That post of Butterfly's the other day about how it gets harder and harder to say NO once you have begun that loop of starting and stopping is so true. Today is the day I end that vicious circle. Wish me luck and I look forward to seeing everyone along with me on this insane journey called quitting. Determined to Kick Ash in '06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$24,982.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 20

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was buying them at a store I drive right by on my way home from work. Think I will take a different route home this week. StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$24,982.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 20

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Next time buy donuts. [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/donuts.jpg[/IMG] Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: