Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Fell down

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there....things will get better! Don't let it get ya down!
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
after 5 days thought I was doing real well. Couldn't hear the movie tonite - was isolated as i have made myself since quitting. Planted some seeds - distraction was not enough. My parther is very supportive but still a smoker. I stole one of his cigs while cleaning up and went outside and smoked 1/2 - feel like such a louse & so stupid. Just getting to me
thanks so much for your support. My guy is very supportive to a point - if im not ready to join what he has planned - and i must add he thought he was doing it for me - but didnt talk about it beforehand....my first weekend home smoking - and he a smoker thinks it all goes the same and why now am i being a ***** even though i told him?
Thanks all for your support! I got up this morning & my brother had left his cig's & lighter in the kitchen - I looked at them & said not for me! My husband got up while I was making my morning tea & I asked him if he wanted to go down to the beach with me & our dogs - he said he had too much to do. So I took our youngest & biggest dog down to the school for a run & kicked a sosser ball around with her - I could do it withot losing my breath and it was so much fun for us both. With you support & my dogs I'll make it through even if the rest of the people in my house still smoke! (At least they are all smoking outside now!) thanks again all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hiljump, Don't be so hard on yourself. The truth is a few months back I did the same thing only it was the 2nd day I caved and went right back to smoking. Now I am done. And you will know if you are done. If you are not done then you will keep smoking. If you are done then you are done smoking. N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. That is one motto that is helping me alot. I am also finding ways of keeping myself busy. Like stayng on the computer and typing, just writing about things, my journal, listening to music, and I feel good that I have enough AIR in my lungs and breath to sing again! I am singing along and it keeps my mouth busy lol. So hands busy on the keyboard, or just doing something, like a rubiks cube (I know how old they are but it's a good hands-on puzzle that will keep you occupied) and listening to music or just singing will keep your mouth occupied. Maybe chewing sugar free gum too. (I can't chew gum because of my crown). Bottom Line: I BELIEVE IN YOU. YOU CAN DO THIS HILJUMP, YOU ARE BIGGER THAN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. Like Alley said, just pick yourself back up and keep going. Don't stop and don't give in. I want you to stay here and be free!!! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey hiljump, Don't give up. Im still new in my quit and I know how hard it is. You need to pull yourself together and get back up on that horse. Just cause you had a slip doesn't mean you give up. Try some deep breathing or take a walk. Taking a nap really works well for me. Keep close SSC and everyone here will help you threw those hard days. Take Care Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey hiljump... No big deal... a slip early in your quit isn't the end of the world! Just start and keep the quit from here. It's tough... my wife is still smoking so I know what your going through! Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,202 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiljump.. Quitting sucks doesn't it? Quitting while there is another smoker around is even worse. My father (smoker) lives with me and when I quit I gave him all the cigarettes I had left out of my carton. He use to head out to the back deck and say... I'm going to smoke... ummmmmmmm. It drove me nuts. I didn't like him much in those moments either. My desire to quit at that point definately outweighed my desire to smoke but resisting that temtation to have "just one" was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. You will find during the course of your quit there will be several instances where you want to smoke "just one". Adopt the motto: N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. That is how we all quit smoking. Some days it is easy and some days it is hard as hell. We hang on to the easy days as we go through the hard ones constantly reminding ourselves that we Can and Are doing it. Congratulations on your decision to remain smoke free. Its tough and I applaud your efforts. That being said, No more smoking. No matter who you are, where you are, how old you are, how much you smoked, how long you smoked...... One will always be too many and 1,00 will never be enough. Fight for your freedom. You will be so glad you did. I promise. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,767 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: