Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

i came millimeters away from giving in

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Time, Keep up the great work! You are doing fantastic! Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah, this site, and y'all are *seriously* wonderful. I took a few minutes to read through past posts, and it helped a lot!! I managed to avoid smoking, thank god. I don't know how guilty I would have felt if I had caved. N.O.P.E! i believe! lol 'nite! :)
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
and i'm on wellbutrin AND the patch(14). i have been studying since 5 am this morning(big test on thursday) and i just kept thinking how much a cigarette would relax me, how much it'd make the rest of my day easier. i don't know what got into me, i feel so weak :-/ i have lifted weights, drank at least 100-ish ounces of water today(i kid you NOT, 64 ounce gatorade bottle, filled up 2-3 times today), chewed oodles of gum and sugar free this and that. the 3 second breathing thing finally did it...for the moment. god i hope i don't waste 4 days of hard work...:mad:
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am going through something that sounds very similar. Just do not smoke. Do anything else and do not smoke. You will pull through Be strong Breath! Breath! Breath! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You still hanging in there? Just keep reading these posts...posts and read and breath, post and read and breath...that's what'll get you through! It's how I made it through the really hard times...just sitting here, reading and posting. N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,677 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $249 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Timetodoit, I completely understand!!!! I just took a HUGE midterm worth 1/2 my grade, but this last week, I've been on stress overload. I had a really tough time around finals last semester when I realized that when I was in school before, I studied with a pen or highlighter in one hand and a cigarette in the other. So, studying was a HUGE trigger that I wasn't expecting. And this week, I also experienced that same trigger, but not as bad as finals last semester. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I completely understand where you are coming from! What helped me through finals AND through this test was my trusty licorice... get yourself some twizzlers pull n' peel... it has the same resistance as a drag of a cigarette. You can cut (bite) it to be roughly the same length as a cigarette and I just "smoked" my licorice instead. Worked for me... if you like licorice, give it a try! Congrats on making it through! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 150 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,772 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: