Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Help Please

18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok. I am totally confused. I made it thru the entire weekend which included a sudden death in the family without a cig. WHY do I want one now that I am back in the office???
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
association. I felt the same way. I cut out cigarettes at my house, in my car and around certain peoeple months ago. The office was the last place I smoked. So naturally it was the place where my cravings were strongest. Don't give in. You'll get used to breathing normally and not being one of those stinky smokers soon enough. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trigger! I yelled that once and a white horse appeared! God knows why. As the other good folk have said, it's an association with places, times and actions that would normally involve lighting up. Anticipate them and deal with them and they will weaken. Cheers Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vas, A lot of the addiction is habit. This is where you are used to having smokes or taking breaks. The important thing is to prepare yourself for the craves and be ready. Use straws, candy, water, or even take a quick run down the stairs. You made it through tougher times , this will be easier. Let us know, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: