Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Some of things that help me quit

8 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Naps work. Also cold sometimes warm showers turning in early for the night, carrot sticks, bottled water, breakfast early or late, changes in routine. Stay away from alcohol until you are strong; 3 weeks give or take... Just stick to it and you will have it. I know easier said that done; however people do do it and have success at it. In fact I am the last person whom I know that quit smoking. There you go.
8 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you! I need this today.........the cravings are coming but it's okay I'm just getting on with my day with maybe a couple more naps in between :)
What do you think? The correct state of mind, I can do. Henry Ford said "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” Then I can, I can do.
Our lives are filled with routines and schedules: wake up, shower, coffee, work, entertainment, etc. Smoking is routine and is scheduled. Change the order and/or time of day in which you perform your routines, and your smoking patterns should very well get disrupted. This will help to give you pause and the opportunity to think about not lighting up the next one. Bear in mind, success breeds success. It is a minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month by month and lastly,year by year achievement. You know quitting can be done. Keep it and you will be much happier without them. It just takes some time to undo what has been done. Stickin to it

Reading this thread: