Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

just want to talk

9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Min,

It sounds like you might not be ready to quit yet, or perhaps you are rationalizing your choice to smoke? What ever the case may be, quiting is your choice to make. I would encourage you to weigh the pros and cons (short term and long term) of quitting  to see if quitting is the right choice for you now.

It is completely normal for mood to be affected when you quit smoking. Not only does smoking interfere with your central nervour system, but you likely also used smoking to cope with stress or to take a "break". A big part of quitting is finding and regularly using alternative ways to cope and take breaks. 

What are your thoughts on all this?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello I am not one of those people who have been smoking since they were 16, I started smoking when I was 21 because I simply enjoyed cigarettes. I like the taste and the smell, perhaps I'm weird. It started with cigars, and progressed. I mostly just smoked socially at work and bars. Due to financial reasons, I stopped smoking all together about 2 months ago. I have been craving cigarettes very badly for the past two weeks, and last night one of my coworkers gave me one. I have never received such a buzz and satisfaction from that one cigarette, & I bought a pack last night. what I want to talk about it is, did I fail some sort of quitters test, per se? Once you get past the really bad cravings does it ever go away? I also notice that I am so much happier now. The past two months or so I've been very depressed. I've been getting in fights with people, I was blaming it on the winter time. But now after just two cigarettes I'm back to being happy and positive. for as much as I smoke, which really isn't that much I think it's worth it to stay this happy. at least that's how it seems to me right now. I only smoke about a pack or two a month at most. I go through phases where I'll have 3 today and then I won't smoke for a week. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this so I just would appreciate your inputs. I realize my problem is small in comparison to most.

Reading this thread: