Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

reflextion

11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

WOW!

Looking back can be so therapeutic and emotional.

You have been instrumental here and I only hope we have guided and supported you along the way.

Thanks for sharing,

Josie, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was reflecting last night.  I came across a journal that I started on one of my quits, 2003.  That was the year that I made my first real attempt at quitting.  Oh the struggles I had at that time.  It wasn't all about the quit it involved life.  There are other journals scatter about and I will read them when I find them. 

When looking back my plate was so full of life.  Most of you old timers remember some.  That journal showed that Dewey had his kidney cancer surgery, Mom still in the nursing home, hated my job, and Tony going to Iraq.  I was struggling so hard and not understanding what quitting was all about.  Most of that stuff was removed and others came.  Two of the worse was Dewey's heart attack and then a few months later diagnosed with termal brain cancer. We lost that battle in January of this year.  Also I looked up some of my old post and two years ago I had 200+ days, but the stress was to much.  My plate has a couple crumbs on it now and this time I am not trying to quit I have become a non-smoker.

Thank you all for the support and love over the years.  And thank you to all you that are coming back and to those who are trying but finding it hard to log in.  For you new comers please keep coming back and post.  Your post not only helps you but it helps us.  We can do this together.

Keep the Quit
Sparky 

Reading this thread: