Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Like shopping

12 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Getting through the addictive part of smoking is the easier of the two; the longer and
sometimes prolonged psychological aspect of smoking takes more time.  However, it can be done and distractions of all types are key.  For a while, there will be a need to channel your new found energies into something you find enjoyable and constructive.   A personal example that worked for me was working out with weights.  You cannot enjoy smoking when you are out of breath and when your body is thrilled and thanking you for the lift.  Once you are well and over the addictive part, step back, take a look and see that smoking occupies your time, energy and waste your money.  You can forget about it completely. I am the very last person in my lifelong group of friends who quit smoking.  Every single one of them quit smoking at least 5 years prior to me, and most 20 to 25 years prio. No one ever, ever brings of smoking, it is foreign to all of us.  That’s the sweet spot and that’s where you want to be.  You friends are deserving and are no different than mylifelong friends.  Like Aloha has said,"Can't remember the last time I actually thought about, or imagined,smoking a cigarette. I'll throw it out there to see what my smoking friends or
family will say, but I haven't actually imagined it.

Reading this thread: