Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

My smoke-free life

13 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BFS,

This has made my day - what wonderful news, both on your quit and on your forthcoming marriage.  WOW - who'd have thought it!  You know what I mean.

Congratulations!

Lizzie
  • Quit Meter

$8,847.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 782 Hours: 17

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEY!  Congratulations, BFS.  This is amazing.  I drop in out of curiosity and find you are getting engaged to a non-smoker.  That is so wonderful.  I remember the days of your lamenting the loss of friends and all.  Coming here out of the blue and finding this has done my old heart a world of good.  Blessings to you both and big hugs to you.
13 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Butterfly ! Nice to see you! You do have a wonderful life lying ahead of you!
And you'll be able to enjoy every moment of it smoke free!
13 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS
How wonderful to hear from you! 
It is inspiring  to hear how much your life has changed and how much your future has changed!
Wonderful
13 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well now!   I am very happy to see your post and news of your engagement.  I was probable your worst critic during your quest for freedom and I know that many times I really hurt your feelings.  I remember that most of your quit failures were due to smoking and drinking "friends".  Again very happy for the way you grew up. 

Love

Duffis

13 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear BFS,

Congratulations on your engagement!  It's so good to hear from you and to know how happy you are.  I don't log in often these days but I'm so glad I saw your post.

I remember when you joined, and all the fun ( and trials) we all had with the SSC family.

I also commend the non-smoking life as worth whatever it takes to become smoke-free!

Best wishes to you, your fiancé and your future life together.

Love Lolly.    
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello butterfly swimmer,

What a beautiful story and many congratulations on your engagement! You are definitely a great example to new members that this is possible! If you work the program, post often and use the support you receive here at the stop smoking center even the hardest feat is possible! Thank you for reminding us of this!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello non-smoking family!

It's been a long time since I last checked in, but I just wanted to let everyone to know that all is well.  One of my dreams as an ex-smoker has always been to find another non-smoker and get married.  Well, that goal is finally being met this year!  I will be getting married in September of this year to another non-smoker!

Life couldn't be better.  My issues that I had when I first quit of not having any friends due to the fact that I'd alienated myself from all of my smoker friends to the point where I just didn't have any is a distant memory.  I've got wonderful friends, a supportive family and an amazing fiancé!  I can honestly say that my life is exactly the way that I would like for it to be at this point in my life.  And all of this is possible because of the decision I made many years ago to quit smoking!

As I logged in here today, a fellow co-worker said, "stop smoking center?"  I said, "yeah, I quit smoking several years ago."  And she said, "I can't see you as a smoker!"  Funny.  Just a few years ago, people told me, "I can't see you as a non-smoker.  Smoking is a part of who you are, just like it's a part of who I am."  Well, that's true.  Smoking WAS a part of who I was.  But non-smoking is a beautiful part of who I AM!

So, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know what's going on in my life.  I miss all of my quit-smoking family.  Without you with me all of those years ago, none of this would have been possible.  And I'd like to say welcome to all of the new ex-smokers!  Life after smoking is truly amazing.  Things I never thought would ever be possible are now my everyday life.  It's not a struggle to not smoke - it's simply the way I live my life everyday without a single thought and that feeling is unlike any other!  I wish everyone on this journey the absolute best!

BFS

Reading this thread: