Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Sad Day

13 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky I'm so sorry to see this sad news.  Still thinking of you as per.

x T
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

My condolences go out to you and your family!

Let us know if there is anything you need! 
Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear that.  Remember: Be Calm, Be Strong, Be Grateful.  Sending some positive energy your way. 
13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I am so sorry to hear about your losses.  My prayers and thoughts are with you.  Stay strong.

~Alice
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hubby's cousin passed away this afternoon. 

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, sorry to hear about your sad day..you hang in there, but I am glad to hear you got thru it without smoking.

There will be ups and downs, but smoking will not change any one of those.

Charm

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm really sorry about your sister -in-law and cousin, Sparky. My prayers are with you. You hang in there.
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

You are such a strong individual and know that our thoughts are with you and y our family.

Joining a gym with your hubby is a great communication asset and a great way to make working out a joint effort.  Good for you for taking the initiative and keeping your work outs!

You are doing great, so no meeting anyone and standing in the cold!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today has been filled with sorrow.  We went to see my hubby's cousin who is dieing of cancer and only has days.  The two of them have been their own little support groups since they both have terminal cancer and now this.  Then we got home and received a call from another cousin and his wife passed away this morning.  Both are two terrific ladies. I feel so for my husband.

Then not so sad, but I let go of Curves, workout, because my time is consumed with husband.  He is doing ok for now, but he can not drive so I take him when he want to go somewhere.  So between taking him here and there and doctor appointments I haven't been able to work out like I would.  He has lost a lots of weight and I told him if I quit Curves, then we are going to join a gym where we can work out together and we did.

On a lighter note, I talked to a friend of mine who quit the same day as I did and so did his girlfriend.  Girlfriend is haveing a hard time and so is he.  Joking he said if she smokes he said he would and then I said if you smoke I am going to smoke.  He said where do you want to meet?  I said I am not standing out in the cold, so we laughed and postponed the smoke LOL.   Don't worry it was all in fun, we are not going to smoke today and I plan on not smoking tomorrow.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

Reading this thread: