Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

The Dread is Over

13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda, so glad the tests came back with good results, what a relief.  You are one determined woman!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Brenda!

You've put in a lot of hard work, and you deserve all the wonderful results! Keep breathing deeply!

Keep the quit!

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Brenda!  I am so proud of you and your new life style!  Isn't it a great feeling to be in the skinny smoke free club? 
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, Ron, Samantha, and Charm. Alice, I wish I had some recipes. So far all I've done is buy a bread maker and gluten-free bread mix.
13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda,

This is good news!  I am glad to hear your test results are looking good

Wow, you are one motivated cookie....giving up all that yummy food and sticking to regular exercise.  Good for you.  I am wheat and gluten free and would love to hear some of your cooking tips.

I agree with Charm, you are such an inspiration.

~Alice
13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the club 
By the way my Mom and Dad say hi to ya :)
Ron 
13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great News Brenda !!!

You are, for sure, taking good care of yourself.

Like Samantha says...you are a true inspiration and one of my most motivators on this site..

I am still waiting for that new and improved picture to pop up

p.s. Thanks for the compliment in the Monday Stats Parade...

Charm

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the update Brenda! It is great to hear that you received good results from your tests! Continue to work hard with all your wonderful healthy lifestyle initiatives! You are quite the inspiration!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Went for more sophisticated pulmonary function tests, including lung values. The printout says, "Spiromety is within normal limits. Lung volumes are within normal limits. Diffusion capacity is within normal limits." I showed no signs of COPD nor restrictive ling disease. I was told that UC San Francisco's original diagnosis made five years ago is correct: allergic asthma.  I was told to continue taking yoga and to do breathing exercises at home, because I do not breathe very deeply. I was told that I probably breathe more deeply when I smoked because I was busy trying to inhale every drop of poison. Now I'm out of practice.

I'm still in the process of eliminating allergy causing foods from my diet, but so far I have taken out tomatoes and citrus, fried foods, diary, caffeine, and gluten. I still have to eliminate chocolate and perhaps spicy.

Reading this thread: