Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Wishing you well in 2010

12 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 2010 subject same for 2012, words to heal, give pause and it will.
12 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here you go not quite what I was looking for but contains distraction concepts.
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin,

Thanks for the wise words!

It is always good to read it!

How do  you fill your toolbox??

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Even though I honestly use to love smoking, I now find the opposite to be true, and I love not smoking.  Really it’s true.   If you would like to improve upon your odds of success, trigger avoidance is best when possible; however seldom is that the case as many triggers come from out of the blue.  So I’d say know thy triggers by name and have a counter for each. You got to be prepared as distractions are the order, a toolbox filled with them.

Quitting is a skill you teach yourself; you learn by doing.  Like all skills the repetitiveness of the doing develops it.  While in training there must only be an abundance of missed opportunities to smoke, your missed opportunities are those triggers that confront you, those that you beat.

There are many, many who have quit smoking, and I hesitate to think one need be special to achieve the goal, only willful.  Desire first followed by the will.

I’ve found no favors in smoking and I have not smoked in a good long while.  My wife has lost track and so have my friends.  That is the sign of sticking to it.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/22/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 1443
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,974
Amount Saved: $8,441.55
Life Gained:
Days: 268 Hrs: 22 Mins: 59 Seconds: 18

14 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Even though I honestly use to love to smoking, I now find the opposite to be true, and I love not smoking.  Really it’s true.   If you would like to improve upon your odds of success, trigger avoidance is best when possible; however seldom is that the case as many triggers come from out of the blue.  So I’d say know thy triggers by name and have a counter for each. You got to be prepared as distractions are the order, a toolbox filled with them.  

Quitting is a skill you teach yourself; you learn by doing.  Like all skills the repetitiveness of the doing develops it.  While in training there must only be an abundance of missed opportunities to smoke, your missed opportunities are those triggers that confront you, those that you beat.

There are many, many who have quit smoking, and I hesitate to think one need be special to achieve the goal, only willful.  Desire first followed by the will.

I’ve found no favors in smoking and I have not smoked in a good long while.  My wife has lost track and so have my friends.  That is the sign of sticking to it.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/22/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 1443
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,974
Amount Saved: $8,441.55
Life Gained:
Days: 268 Hrs: 22 Mins: 51 Seconds: 26

Reading this thread: