Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Day 4 Day 4

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gimm good for you! Your quit sounds like mine, right from the start I was OK, didnt miss it, and didn't crave. I know thats very very lucky and I am thankful that I did not struggle like some others have to, but on the other hand I am also grateful for a easier quit.
I did have the patches though and do believe, like you, that its a combination of the NRT, this web site, and my determination to succeed that worked for me and I hope it does for you too.
Let us know how it goes

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 550
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,750
Amount Saved: $8,250.00
Life Gained:
Days: 64 Hrs: 22 Mins: 16 Seconds: 31

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!!!
You have the right attitude!
Just take one smoking tought at a time and you will be fine. Remember to reward yourself. This will help to reduce the sadness some of us experience in the early stages of the quit. It is a rollercoaster ride! But it is an amazing,empowering one!
You are doing great!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 292
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,380
Amount Saved: $438.00
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 5 Mins: 49 Seconds: 37

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gimm,

I like your positive attitude. Take this one day at a time! We are here for you!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That all sounds wonderful, but I found it better to take it slow, one day at a time. You don't want to get overwhelmed. Waiting for a day that far out is putting more pressure on yourself. It will come. We go through a lot of psychological changes when we quit, so we dont want to get ahead of them. A day at a time will get us through. In my state, you can call the tobacco quit line and they give you the first step patches. I think it's good to follow a program if you use them and use them for the amount of time it says. Just some thoughts. You are off to a good start and I hope you do well.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 26
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 520
Amount Saved: $159.90
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 8 Mins: 1 Seconds: 40

14 years ago 0 230 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm still using gum at present, but tomorrow I'm going to start on the patches.  My mouth is getting tired and sore from all the chewing! (ouch) lol..  Today was my first day back to work since I've stopped smoking.  I knew there was going to be many smoking triggers such as (driving, taking breaks, eating lunch). I listened to the radio on the drive to work to help take my mind off smoking.  I still went to breaks and lunch with my same smoking buddies. I chewed a piece of gum while they smoked and I was just fine.  Watching them smoke didn't make me want one. I even tried to talk them into quitting with me!  I keep gum in all the places that I kept my cigs. I was the only one smoking at my house.  I have a few patches left over from the last time I tried to quit.  I plan on using those up and then use nothing.  I will probably try some sugar free candy after that.  I put away all  the ashtrays, lighters, and cigs. I took the ashtray out of my car. I come on here and post the day I'm on and read.  All of that combined is working for me so far!  Overall I'ts not been that hard this time. I don't feel quite as cheerful as I usually do, but I was expecting that. I'm just looking for day 30.  I feel if i can make it to day 30 I'll be home free!       Good luck to everyone.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 135
Amount Saved: $33.75
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 32 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gimm,

Good for you! It only gets better!

What kind of coping mechanisms are you using to help you!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go! One day at a time, one moment at a time. Good job!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 26
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 520
Amount Saved: $159.90
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 7 Mins: 47 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 230 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still smoke free day 4!!!   I had a pretty good day.  I'm beginning to not miss smoking!  I haven't went this long not smoking in two years. 

Gimm

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 135
Amount Saved: $33.75
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 18 Seconds: 2

Reading this thread: