Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Day 4 not too bad

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,
Thanks for sharing with us, hopefully being able to get things off your chest will help you stay motivated and focused on your goals. You are a bright and capable individual and we are all here for you. Stay positive, when you feel lonely, post here and you are sure to get responses.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If I might say that, I am so proud of your achievement. Compared to yours, my quit is easy! And I know that at times, I struggle. But I do have the other things to keep me busy/crazy, etc. For you, the fight with the nicodemon has to be multiplied. Good job, Lance.
Hope everything will work out soon for you and you'll discover a new, improved life awaiting for you.
Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 13
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 455
Amount Saved: $59.15
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 6 Mins: 18 Seconds: 19

14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the encouragement! I had a hard time sleeping last night and woke up feeling depressed, so jumped on here and what I read boosted my spirit! So thanks, I still struggle with what am I to do with my time. Its a tough issue. For years I was a workaholic and a people pleaser. Now with no job and finding it difficult to find anything I enjoy, I am faced with more time on my hands.I know I will find things to keep busy as I have a lot of figureing out to fix my life. Facebook and Twitter have helped me through this time as well. I have reconnected with 70 or so friends from High school, where I was basically a loner for many years. I had work and I had family, no friends, no social life. So now im learning life all over with no work and no family. As you can imagine I was pretty down for quite a while. Just a few months ago things were so bad I wasnt eating, would sleep around the clock. Now ive done a total 360 from that, taking a very active role in creating a new and better life. Ive never eaten so heealthy for so long, nor kept commitments to no soda, coffee or junk food. Working out feels so good too. Its so rewarding when you start to notice your body getting stronger and healthier. Anxiety seems a little better as well, really hoping I will be driving everywhere one day soon. So next I just need a job. When your 47 and basically had the same job since you were 16 its a pretty rude awakining, its like your in a state of shock, never have had to deal with finding a job. For so many years, I was able to be a good provider. Wife for 25 years, raised 4 kids, had a nice home. When it all started to go away, I fell apart. But Im trying to make a come back. The hard part is time. I feel like I should have been more sooner. Its weird, everything that wore me out and down, I feel like should be back, but thats how I got this way in the first place. Sorry to ramble! I think im still lonely. Lance
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 80
Amount Saved: $24.60
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 17 Mins: 38 Seconds: 42

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance
Be proud of yourself! And own your quit. You are in charge of it!
I am sorry about your personal issues but you already know that smoking won't fix them. So your inspiring attitude make others like me stay quit!
Hang on buddy!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 268
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,020
Amount Saved: $402.00
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 11 Mins: 50 Seconds: 1

14 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lance,

Your an inspiration to all of us, to be going through such hardships, and still be willing to put down the cigarettes, well all I can say is it shows a lot of strength. I hope things start looking up for you, your daughter will come around, once she grows up. Kids think they know it all, when in reality, they know pretty much nothing of real life. Hang in there, stay focused on better things to come.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 199
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,960
Amount Saved: $2,388.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 10 Mins: 33 Seconds: 35

• Quit Meter

$37,612.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 989 Hours: 3

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're welcome, Lance...

I hope one day it works out with your family..but for right now....You can do this. I believe in ya:))))

Hang tough...keep reading & be good to yourself.
Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 595
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 23,800
Amount Saved: $5,355.00
Life Gained:
Days: 69 Hrs: 21 Mins: 7 Seconds: 21

Thank You Deb, Thats my wifes name, miss them a lot, but hoping one day we will be together again. But now is not the time. Today has been a pretty good day, not having cravings. Between tasks I stop and think, I would have smoked now. So I just move on, and its been ok. You are all wonderful, a blessing. and I thank you.
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 60
Amount Saved: $18.45
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 7 Seconds: 7

14 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Evening Lance,

I hear your pain, my quit buddy. I just want to share-------you need to keep your quit separate from the things you CAN NOT control.

Goodness, I know it is hard. But, I also know that smoking WILL NOT change any of the hard circumtstances you are facing. In fact, it will only add problems to the exsiting ones. I, too, faced some pretty huge, sad problems early in my quit. Some of them have not resolved ....but smoking would not have resolved them either. But, at least I am still smoke free & SO happy about that. I guess...I asked myself...what could I control...... & not smoking was one of my answers---  I did have control of.

Lance--keep breathing deep, keep the ice water close & read the old threads--there is so much wisdom on this site. You will see so many others that have negotiated the 'quit' & have so willingly shared their tales with the SSC. Keep posting, keep reading--it gets easier, I promise. I wouldn't be here saying this if it weren't the truth. I smoked for the better part of 30 years..

Keep trying, one day at a time.
Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 595
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 23,800
Amount Saved: $5,355.00
Life Gained:
Days: 69 Hrs: 21 Mins: 3 Seconds: 41

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

It sounds like day 4 has been proving to be a bit better than day 3. Sorry that you are experiencing difficulties with your family, that can make things tough for your quit, but stay strong and keeping fighting the fight! 

We are here for you!

Samantha, Health Educator
I'm amazed at how different I feel. Its a good thing. I notice how much I have been struggling to breathe since I have quit. It could very well contribute to my anxiety and panic attacks I have had for the last several years. Went for my haircut and shopping. Bought a few nice things I have been needing.     THEN for the bad part of the day, which I handled pretty well. My daughter 16 and a cheerleader text me wanting me to help with her cheer payments, WELL unemployed, living away from family and half of the unemployment goes to the wife. I wish I could, I had the same job for 30 years, last year we lost our home, my wife and I seperated and I fell apart. My daughter doesnt care and hates me right now, then when I have to say no, shes even madder. So didnt smoke over it or drink for that matter, gave that up long ago. oh just got another text, now Im not a father, since I beat her for 8 years, wow its gotten worse, last time she wanted someyhing it was just a slap when she was 7, its gotten worse. Well shouldnt bore you all with my drama. Can you tell Im lonely?
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 60
Amount Saved: $18.45
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 14 Mins: 29 Seconds: 13

Reading this thread: