Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Day 3

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Enjoy your rewards, and let them motivate you to be strong through day 4! We are right there beside you!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 382 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lance,

Nice to meet you.  Congratulations for taking the decision to quit.  Stick with it and I promise you will not regret it!!!

I've been reading your other posts as well.  This first week is not known as Hell week for nothing.  Use all your quitting aids to see you through.  I think I used everything known to man as I went into battle with the Nicodemon.  The amazing(to me) thing is that I won and not him!!!  The panic attcks with those manic butterflies in your gut were horrible.  Don't worry!  They do pass, but use each one to remind yourself that you are fighting a war.  Quell it with positive vibes and tell the Nicodemon that you are so myuch stronger than him.

Do stay close to this site and all the folk here.....we understand your problems and it really helps to share. Keep reading and posting!  Your main thing is to stay strong, positive and determined!  We are with you all the way!  Keep rewarding yourself...it's so important.

Thinking of you,   Lolly.  

NEVER LOOK BACK.  THE FUTURE IS AHEAD!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/25/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 1787
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 62,545
Amount Saved: �8,935.00
Life Gained:
Days: 234 Hrs: 15 Mins: 22 Seconds: 7

• Quit Meter

$11,084.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 693 Hours: 11

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is a great reward!!
Keep kicking ash!!!!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 267
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,005
Amount Saved: $400.50
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 7 Mins: 52 Seconds: 22

14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well day THREE is almost over and I made it! I'm starting to notice how bad the smell of smoking is, as the guys I live with smoke. You sure notice how it makes EVERYTHING stink. This weekend's treat Haircut and frebreeze! On to day 4.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40
Amount Saved: $12.30
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 11 Mins: 31 Seconds: 56

Stay strong Lance!

Good on you for getting into the gym and giving your body a great workout. I'm sure that your body will be very thankful for working hard. Get some good laundry detergent to get those smells out because fresh laundry smell is one of life's little pleasures and you deserve a batch of fresh (smoke-free) laundry. 

Keep up the good work Lance!

This is by far the hardest! Just got done with a real good workout, went and ate and I'm craving a smoke and more food! This is a bad moment. On the bus headed back. At the bus stop ppl smoking and the smell. I notice now the smell still in my clothes I've wased since I smoked. Oh boy this is hard. Still wish I knew if quitting will help with anxiety attacks. I don't want to blow it but I want to smoke and I don't. This sucks!
My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 35 Seconds: 16

Lance,

Take this one day a time. The demon will be very angry in the beginning but the more you ignore him the more his voice will be quieter and quieter. Excellent idea on planning a reward, rewards are key in staying motivated and focused. You can get through this day Lance. Go to the gym, go for a walk, post often, read, play a game, do whatever it takes to keep busy and distracted from smoking.

Stay strong!

14 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance:
    Stay focused on your quit.  Going to the gym is a good thing it will keep you mind off smoking.  It's good that you have a reward planned for tomorrow but what about one for making it through today?  Rewards are important even if they are little ones.
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 443
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,075
Amount Saved: $553.75
Life Gained:
Days: 89 Hrs: 6 Mins: 35 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The end result will get rid of your anxiety, eventually, I should know, look at my name.  But boy do I know how you feel right now....I needed medications for a long time to get me through it, now I am ok.  You can do this, check with your doctor if the anxiety is not managable, they can help you get through.

Take it easy today....

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/7/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 679
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,370
Amount Saved: $2,546.25
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 12 Mins: 24 Seconds: 49

Oh boy day 3 is a harder start than day 2! The demon is very angry at this point and sying all kind of things to me. Well I am going to go make a healthy breakfast and get ready to head in to town and spend some time a the gym. Tomorrow I will make a haircut my reward. I get to go to my barber I havnt gone to in a year due to me not having my car. But now that I have made the choice to start exposure therapy driving I can get places. Will be nice to get a gooood cut, they use a straight edge, where most dont anymore. But boy oh boy, these thoughts keep poppin up. I just need to stay focused. Wish I knew the end result would eliminate the anxiety I get. Its my main reason.
My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 9 Mins: 34 Seconds: 22

Reading this thread: