Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Week 2 and still going

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Fay!!!

Congratulations!  The hardest 10 days of your quit are history!!!  Now, just work on making it through one more day!  At the beginning, just getting through a few minutes and then a few hours is what it is all about!  You are having to re-learn how to do everything again without smoking, so just take it slow and as easy as you can!

As for the weight gain thing...  Just concentrate ALL your efforts on quitting for now!!!  When you are more comfortable in your quit, then you can tackle your next goal!!!  You might try starting off slowly with a little exercise, tough!  Just walking out in the fresh air and breathing deeply will help at first! 

Now for work...  hopefully you have a computer there!!!  Get online here and read and write and learn and vent whenever you get a chance!  I did that and it really helped to keep me distracted and helped me to re-commit to my quit every day!

We'll be here for you when you need a hand or a hug!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 533
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,325
Amount Saved: $2,198.63
Life Gained:
Days: 90 Hrs: 8 Mins: 54 Seconds: 16

• Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 3

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fay, you're doing great at 10 days smoke free!  You're almost through Heck Week!  Whatever it takes, whatever you need to do, just do it!  Because you've done it wonderfully for 10 days!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 365
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,600
Amount Saved: $3,650.00
Life Gained:
Days: 54 Hrs: 12 Mins: 6 Seconds: 33

14 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kia Ora my cousin over the ditch!!! 10 days is a big effort Fay, and you are doing real good!!! A big pat on the back for you and keep it up, it does get easier.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 50
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,250
Amount Saved: $375.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 12 Mins: 58 Seconds: 1

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 10 days - you should be proud of yourself!!  Keep it up!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 595
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,900
Amount Saved: $4,522.00
Life Gained:
Days: 64 Hrs: 23 Mins: 0 Seconds: 53

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 10 big days!  You are almost through Heck Week! 

Also, congrats on getting a new quit buddy!  You should tell her to join the SSC!

Going back to work will be tough but you can do it.  If you have to go for a little walk to relax yourself.  Keep reminding yourself of why you are doing this. 

You are doing great! Keep it up!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go fay!!!!
10 days is HUGE........almost done with Heck Week too.
You are doing wonderful........come here and rant all you need.......we all did it
We're here for you.

GREAT JOB............

Stay Strong.........
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 205
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,150
Amount Saved: $861.00
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 21 Mins: 50 Seconds: 51

14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'v switched from the "Introduce myself" slot, to here!

My 30 day plan is still going well, but I seriously have put on some weight which is a bit depressing.  HOWEVER, I needed to lose a lot of weight anyway, so I'd rather put on a little and then work on losing it all after I have done 4 weeks on the no smokes.

Had a bit of a stressful day today (I have a lodger who is the most irritating person on earth), and I'm certain that getting away from him is a reason to step outside for a cigarette.  So I am dealing with that tonight and trying to work out how I can react better to this person without just picking up a pack of cigarettes.

This will soon be followed next week with going back to work which I am dreading. Work is the most fustrating, stressful and horrible place to be. I work with moneys, for a monkey and earn peanuts! Hate it!  My coping skills will be severely tested. The only good thing is that only one person at work smokes, and I have convinced her to give up asap too!

I'm real surprised I have made it to 10 days, but I have also accepted that this is a real long process.  I have changed the way I view "Giving up smoking". I just thought it was a week long sorta thing!  Instead I am setting 12 weeks as my "hardship" goal. And one whole year as my long term goal. This way I can make sure I don;t 'relax too much' and relapse. 

I'm certainly going to need all the help I can get here next week..... so expect to have me ranting ... lots!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 250
Amount Saved: $129.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 21 Mins: 5 Seconds: 44

Reading this thread: