Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

ugh

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How sweet of you to ask how I am doing.  I'm going to get there this time, Deb, and people like you are the major reason. 

I have the good fortune to live very near the beach on the West Coast and spent some time this evening walking next to the water with my other half (disabled) who was riding on his scooter.  It was a balmy evening (which matched my state of mind) and I managed to deal with some 'triggers'  where we went.  Regular walks on the beach  will help my recovery.  I wish you the best with yours. 

Marivi, nice to see you here and hello to Jan & Tim whom I hadn't met yet.  Will see you all again soon - I'm ready for rest now.

Take care and stay strong,

FS

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 72
Amount Saved: $32.40
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 53 Seconds: 11

14 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb,
I'm glad you're feeling much better!  I'm sure feeling lousy can get you down.  On the brighter side, you're nearly at the beach.  We'll all celebrate with a party!!!!!!

Your quit is moving along nicely!!!!!

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 499
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,475
Amount Saved: $4,116.75
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 18 Mins: 33 Seconds: 14

14 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb- Ninety three days is awesome, sick or not. I remember smoking through some of the worst colds I've ever had and it taking so much longer to get well. Congratulations to you on the ninety days, and I hope you continue to fell better.
Tim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 69
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,380
Amount Saved: $379.50
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 3 Mins: 0 Seconds: 37

14 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FS!  Congratulations on your 3 days!  How are you doing????  I remember well my third day..... I slept through it as I recall.  How amazing of you to write when you are going through hell week.  Thank you.  And I was thrilled to hear from you-- all responses are welcome, and meant especially much coming from someone so new.  Remember to take care of yourself through this phase-- and it does really really get better.

And thank you too Marvini!  You have been the biggest supporter of the rest theory so that's what I did today.  I'm not a good rester, but did doze in and out most of the day.

I will get better.  Was a bit sad today because the bank hung up the for sale sign.  The auction of the house is Thursday.

I am clinging to the prayer that is common in the 12-step meetings-- the "God grant me the serenity..." prayer.  It's helpful.  So still not a lot of panic.  I know that things will turn out the way they are supposed to as long as I keep doing my part.

My main goal is health first, take care of my boys, take care of my work, find a house..... in that order.  And continuing to not smoke is even above treating this pneumonia!  Don't take breathing for granted.  All of our lives that is what we have done-- breathe.  Even through our smoking.  But breathing is all we have.  We may lose our legs, our sight, our hair, and even our health, but our breath-- can't lose that.  And quitting smoking is the most important thing you can do now.  Keep breathing.  Deep, deep breaths.

I've been cutting roses like crazy..... I can't smell them very well yet, but soon.  And they look beautiful.  That's for my gardener friends out there.

Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 93
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,232
Amount Saved: $669.60
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 15 Mins: 40 Seconds: 3

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb!
I'm glad you are feeling better!
But you have to take care of yourself and rest as much as you can!!
Sending you a big hug
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 137
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,055
Amount Saved: $205.50
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 15 Mins: 36 Seconds: 2

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb

Stay strong & get stronger.  If you don't mind a suggestion from a new quitter, be sure that you are fully recovered before you try to resume all of your former activities.  I had pneumonia some years back and returned to work too soon:  that put me out for another 2 months.  But then, I was a smoker and you aren't!

Sending healing thoughts your way!

FS

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 54
Amount Saved: $24.30
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 11 Mins: 24 Seconds: 35

14 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone!  I started the new course of medicines yesterday and can't believe how much better I feel after one day.  So I'm feeling really hopeful that this is the last treatment.  I have to take a high dose of predizone too which I've never taken before.... that stuff makes me feels yucky, but when I woke up this morning, I could take a full breath which felt like a miracle to me.

Bug, thanks especially for writing.  I know you are going through some horrible scary stuff right now, and you are very much in my thoughts.  I'm so glad that you quit.

Smoking is horrible.  Really truly horrible.  This illness has been a grim but important reminder of how precious a simple thing like breathing is. 

Thanks for your letters.  I was really down yesterday and they really helped perk me up.
deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 93
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,232
Amount Saved: $669.60
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 14 Mins: 52 Seconds: 2

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So very happy to hear that you are not smoking.  The body will heal, promise.  So close to that beach.  You need to get there and save some us a place.  Here is my hand (thumb)  WE can do this, yes we can.  You take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 74
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 740
Amount Saved: $148.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 16 Mins: 32 Seconds: 52

Reading this thread: