Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Disappointment vs Understanding

15 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

ROS!!!!!  It's good to see you!!!!!  I hope that you have been well!  If you still have my email, you should drop me a note and let me know how you've been doing and what's been going on in your life.

As for my quit, it's solid.  Rock solid.  Harder than solid.  I think you get the point! LOL!  He would never smoke in my apartment or in my car or even in my presence.  These are things that I never even had to verbalize with him... he is a courteous person and simply does them out of respect for me.  He also doesn't leave his cigarettes lying around, but honestly, even if he did, I wouldn't care.  Smoking is so far removed from my life, that if they were lying on the table, they would remain on that table until the next time he touched them without even a glance or a wayward thought of smoking from me.  But even still, he is respectful and does not and will not leave them lying around, so that's not an issue either.

You are right - at this point, the only thing I can do is wait around and see what happens.  You are dead on that I'm not leaving him at this point due to his smoking.  Should that become an issue in the future, only time will tell.  But as of right now, I have absolutely NO intentions on leaving him.  I will support him and encourage him if and when needed and the rest of the time, I will sit back and wait to see what happens.

Thank you very much for your words of wisdom and your take on this situation.  You are correct that I am certainly not the first person on the SSC who has had a partner who still smoked and I am certain that I will not be the last.  It is definitely possible to be with a smoker even after you quit.  Thank you for everything and I appreciate all of your support!  He has decided that tomorrow will be the day!  Wish us the best!

Crave the Quit!

BFS

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said Ros.
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 252
Amount Saved: $110.88
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 22 Mins: 28 Seconds: 18