Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Silly Stories

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Quitter,

The sillies sound like a good thing to have.

Silly story can be a great form of distraction.

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay in that good humour zone, Mr Q! 

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 204
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,100
Amount Saved: $2,295.00
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 21 Mins: 43 Seconds: 50

15 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL Mr. Quitter, I have also found that true more so today (day 5) stupidest things make me laugh and not just a giggle a hardcore belly laugh.....have never laughed at the positions raccoons end up in when they don't make it across the road.....rather morbid, but found it hilarious when my hubby imitated it as we drove by...what a sicko, lol....but I have found I am quite entertaining myself sometimes, rather funny, lol..

Bit off topic, have mentioned the smell sense that has improved, mostly bad smells lately, but due to a sad loss of a fellow workers spouse we had to attend the funeral home.  I decided to stop and smell the flowers, WWWWOOOOOOWWWWW totally amazing to the point of almost over bearing......now I have a reason to stop and smell more flowers....just cause I can and will know what I'm smelling, lol.....hope that makes sense.

Well off to make some more funnies...keep it up Mr. Quitter, who knows we may be reflecting back on these humorous days to get us thru a tough one....keep up the great work and remember NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 80
Amount Saved: $4.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 50 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Mr. Quitter its ok to be silly, keep up the humor, and keep up the good quit :) Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2192
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 52,608
Amount Saved: $9,206.40
Life Gained:
Days: 313 Hrs: 9 Mins: 14 Seconds: 54

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Silly Wabbit!!!

Tricks are for kids!!!  Anything that you can do to distract yourself from thinking about the nico-demon is great!  I went into my quit fired up and excited and it looks like you are to!!!  A Positive Mental Attitude about your quit is great, but if it can carry over into other aspects of your life, more power to ya!!!  Ain't it great???

Hey, where's your quit meter???  We all want to be able to check out your progress, too!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 155
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,875
Amount Saved: $639.38
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 9 Mins: 7 Seconds: 12

• Quit Meter

$44,002.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1053 Hours: 4

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm on day 4 and this is by far the most fun and entertaining day since I quit.  Today I have what I'm calling the Silly's.  Big burst's of energy that result in me making funny statements that result in co worker confusion.  Example - A normal co worker question would be "Can you help me with something?" The normal answer would be "Yeah sure."  Today it was followed by "Yes I can, I would be happy to help you with your problem."  It doesn't seem that silly until you realize that I'm emphasizing almost every word and talking like a comedian.  I've been doing this all day.

I'm not complaining.  I'm actually enjoying it a bit.  I'm wondering am I alone and if not I would like to hear some silly stories of others.  Thanks.

Mr Q
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: