Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Strange Day

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paula,

It sounds like you are doing an excellent job dealing with the stresses of quitting smoking. It sounds like you know your body pretty well, and you know how to cope with your cravings. I am glad to hear that you do not want to turn to your inhaler, that is a big step.
How is your day going so far?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am glad you are pulling through ICL, remember to keep reporting in, tell us how you feel.  We are always here to help you if you need it.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 182
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,460
Amount Saved: $682.50
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 20 Mins: 6 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel much different to any other quit. I have found it much easier and to be honest, I barely noticed any cravings or difficulty the first week. It just seems harder now but not nearly as hard as the past so its good. At the beginning with the zyban, I was really giddy and happy and laughing but now I'm just normal and going through each day.

I haven't had any junkie thoughts to report and I haven't had to fight any battle in my head, my head just says, i just don't want one. But at the back of my throat and in my chest, i feel weird, I don't understand it. Its hard to describe but the cravings I have for cigarettes are in my chest and the back of my throat. Just drinking icy water and taking deep breaths. I'm stressed in work at the moment so I presume its just the physical act of taking a drag of a cig and feeling it in my thraot and chest thats the problem. I have the nicotine inhaler for emergencies and I don't really want to use that so I'm ok for now.

Paula

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 230
Amount Saved: �86.83
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 16 Mins: 25 Seconds: 33

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're really working the struggle, Paula and I admire you for that... let it all hang out - laugh and cry... it's your home and you can do what you want!  Is the Zyban working or what?? What do you think ?

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 139
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,475
Amount Saved: $1,563.75
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 20 Mins: 3 Seconds: 43

15 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, just checking in! Had a harder time today, on the go since 6am, work, driving all over the city, stuck intraffic, coming home and vacuuming half the house and other housework, quick take out for dinner and sat down for 30 mins. Its 11pm now and all I was looking forward to was to soak in a nice hot bath with bubbles and then go to bed all relaxed. Instead, my hot tap on the bath won't turn for some unknown reason to me. So not only is my body tired and aching from the housework etc, but I reckon I pulled a muscle in my arm trying to turn that bloody tap. The top came off the tap and I threw it against the wall, it nearly hit me when it bounced back! Anyways, I cried, sat on the floor like a two year old child, stuck my lip out, folded my arms and just kind of whimpered for a few mins. Now I'm here, typing this and a smile is coming back to my face. I've had the anxious feeling in my chest all day, I know from past experience that it can be my detriment so thats why I really just wanted to relax for a while. I still have the unused nicotine inhaler in my purse and if I feel like I need a cig, I just think of the inhaler first and just think that I don't want to put nicotine back into my system. I find it strange because when I used to think of a cig, I saw it as a cig and I want a cig. I  never saw it as nicotine- a drug that I am addicted to. Its a learning experience. I feel a bit rotten at the moment so I'll probably just head to bed and I'll check in with you tommorrow. Goodnight all!

Paula

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 207
Amount Saved: �78.14
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 26 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whoooo Hooooo!  Way to go PAULA!!!!!!

:)

Jen

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 29
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 580
Amount Saved: $145.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 11 Mins: 28 Seconds: 14

15 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minutes become hours
Hours become days
Days become weeks
Weeks become months
Months become years.
All a minute at a time.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/4/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 328
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,560
Amount Saved: $1,312.00
Life Gained:
Days: 44 Hrs: 4 Mins: 39 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Paula!!!

Sounds like you really did some great planning and are REALLY ready for a smoke free life!!!  Congratulations!!!  You've gotten through most of the day so far, you just have to keep it going now!!!

Keep telling yourself that you ARE a non-smoker!!!  It won't take long for that thought to sink in and things will start getting better and better!!!  Just remember......  N. O. P. E. !!!!!

Yell when you need us!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 83
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,075
Amount Saved: $342.38
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 15 Mins: 45 Seconds: 45

• Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 5

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I Choose,

Keep making the choice not to smoke one day at a time.  I promise, it really does get better.  Each day you make it through makes you that much stronger for the next.  You will realize that your entire life revolved around smoking.  Many things will change as you grow in your quit.  The best part of it all is that you will grow as a person.  The real you will emerge from under that awful addiction.  One day at a time and always remember, your quit is the most important thing.  Hold on to it for dear life. 

Each day you make it through is one day closer to never feeling this way again.

Lady

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1061
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 21,220
Amount Saved: $3,766.55
Life Gained:
Days: 98 Hrs: 6 Mins: 0 Seconds: 10

Reading this thread: