Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Chantix and FAA

15 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenna and everybody,
  I had a real bad experience with the Chantix before and quit taking it long before recommended by the RX. I went into some kinda of rage (known for my 'ify' temperment anyway) fit and along with the depression I am concerned in trying it again. But I am planning on taking half the dose and hoping for the best. In speaking with the chantix help line...they led me to believe that intense anger is more a symptom of nicotine withdrawl....makes sense but troublesome none the less.
                                                                                                                    Judi

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's the last piece of tin I'll talk down into my back garden then.... I won't be liable for anymore crumpled Cessnas ...that's it!

I thought the dreams were a bonus!?

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 126
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,150
Amount Saved: $1,417.50
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 11 Mins: 37 Seconds: 15

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

There Federal Aviation Administration released news yesterday that it would no longer allow pilots or air traffic controllers to use Chantix.because they believe that the potential side effects could be dangerous.

There are potential side effects with Chantix/Champix as there are with many drugs. We advise you to consult your doctor about these before you start taking the drug and during if you are experiencing any weird or unusual side effects. He/she knows you and your history best and can make a decision right for you.

The potential side effects of Chantix/Champix are:
  • sleep disturbances, vivid dream
  • changes in behaviour, agitation
  • depression, suicidal thoughts or actions
  • nausea, vomiting, constipation or gas

If you have any of these symptoms prior to starting Chantix/Champix, your symptoms may worsen. If this does occur, please go to your doctor or local emergency room.

There are many members on the site that have used Chantix. Please share your experiences here; both good and bad.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sassy,

That is wild, I just got an email from a friend of mine that saw the same article.  My husband and I are both on the Chantix.  He has a heart condition, but has had no side effects from the chantix.   I have not had any either.   I just wonder what the circumstances were for those who had problems.  Any advice from our advisors!!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/29/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 460
Amount Saved: $34.50
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 18 Mins: 49 Seconds: 2

15 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there....just read in the New York Post...."hundreds of patients taking Pfizer's anit-smoking drug Chantrix have reported serious accidents, vision problems and heart trouble...researchers at the non profit Institute for Safe Medication Practices at  Wake Forest Univ. said they found hundreds of reported problems since the drug's 2006 approval..."    not sure how this will change anyone's 'quit practices' but i am sure there is much more info about Chantrix on line, if you are concerned...Pfizer spokesperson believes that nicotine withdrawal - along with Chantrix - will cause certain symptoms that are hard to pin to either chantrix or smoking...it is a mixture of both.    i would think each of us needs to do a little more research to find the 'quitting tool' that works best and has the least negative side effects....i have done this cold turkey so i am just too busy eating and whining and forgetting things to keep up to date on anything else.   NOPE is all i know.....

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 105
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,150
Amount Saved: $1,338.75
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 23 Mins: 46 Seconds: 12

• Quit Meter

$7,238.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 799 Hours: 22

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No, what are they saying about it?

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 168
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,040
Amount Saved: $630.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 17 Mins: 6 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Anyone seen the lastes headlines on Chantix and the FAA?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/14/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 8
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 160
Amount Saved: $28.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 27 Seconds: 25

Reading this thread: