Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

In honor of Ann

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Muchas Gracias Luna Felipe xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 619 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,311.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 124 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luna, Thank you for sharing that with us. Smoking causes heartbreaking results, as you have experienced first hand with a very close friend. N.O.P.E. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $688.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
luna, thank you for this reminder, I can see it is very heartfelt. Thanks for sharing. Kellu [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $498.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for sharing Luna... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,825.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A strong reminder of the consequences. Thanks for sharing Luna. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It was January 23rd when I decided, and April 1 when I sorta quit and April 15, 2005 when I made the pledge "Not One Puff Ever". From January 23 to March 23 I was on a trip in Central America and did not want to "spoil" our vacation going through withdrawal. I smoked like a chimney for those two months in preparation for my quit, while each day going to the internet cafe to read an email about one of my closest friends. They had just discovered a spot on her lung. Ann was her name. Ann lived 3000 miles from me. Ann and I met on line playing bridge. Ann and I became very close. We played bridge several times a week. We emailed and talked on messenger every day. We confided alot in each other. Ann and I bought plane tickets and each traveled to Las Vegas for several days so that we could meet each other in person. We rode roller coasters there - each of us having a passion for them. We ate sushi. We went to Cirque du Soleil. We laughed through a great Female Impersonator Show. We discovered we really were like sisters. It was one of the most fun trips ever. She visited me on the little island in the Northwest where I live. We went whale watching. We danced to Dirty Dancing in my upstairs. We explored the islands, beach combed, cooked. I visited her in Florida. We explored the coast and mangrove canals. We laughed through "Menopause, The Musical". We searched for manatees. We ate great Southern seafood at beachside cafes. We flew to Philadelphia. We visited a friend there. We went to museums and re-lived American history. We ate Philly cheese steaks and rode double-decker busses. We met in New York City and saw Broadway shows. We went to Queens and ate Egyptian food. We cried together at Ground Zero. Ann was a ray of sunshine. She had more close friends that anyone I ever knew. Ann had a wonderful husky Southern drawl. The huskiness was because she was a smoker. We loved sitting with coffee or margaritas and smoking together. Ann was in her 60's, older than me. I love smokers who are older than me - "See, nothing happened to them!", I say to myself. Ann was athletic. She played tennis three times a week. She danced beautifully. She had a wonderful glow to her skin. She had great legs. She had an unconquerable spirit and an infectious laugh. She had a new beau whom she adored. She was so excited about all the plans she had with him. Ann and I were alot alike. Ann would never get cancer, I thought. Her positive attitude and her otherwise clean lifestyle would get her through. If Ann ever did get cancer, she would beat it. If ANYONE could beat cancer, Ann could, because she had the most positive attitude of anyone I have ever known. Ann died a few days after I returned home. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1098 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 142 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$794,762.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 23

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: