Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Trust and Believe

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Most days now are not to bad. Then there are those days I question why am putting myself though all of this. The corners seem to all over the place these days. It seems like I turn one and then there is another and another and another. Then I stop and breathe and remember life is a journey and I must go forward. What I do as I go forward will there for me to reflect back on. It is nice to look back and say "yes, I didn't smoke for ---- amount of days. Now do it again." Today I am tired and sad, why? I don't know, but it will pass I know that. I just want to start thinking of other things rather thinking about this quit, quitting and staying quit. Hope this makes sense to someone. Anyway........................... Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 325 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $975.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Emotional distress is what I felt when I quit. Trust me when I say I whined and cried all over these boards! It does pass. Don't give up. Keep taking one step at a time. Do what you need to do to get through the moment, just don't smoke. It really is a temporary state! Promise!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 993 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,475.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ladies, The body and mind is readjusting to a newer, happier life without smoking. The journey from nadir to zenith is a rocky one but one that must be travelled. Do whatever you must do on that road, without guilt or regret, and you will arrive in the Promised Land. Best Wishes Penitent d1402
  • Quit Meter

$56,947.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 0

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent! Fridge worthy :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I cry all the time now, its like the only emotion other that totally out of control anger outbursts at times. Really, I cry all the time reading things on this site. Geez, I think it is a way my body is using to do away with stress...I guess. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for this, it's very thought provoking. I do indeed believe, but trust is an entirely different matter. How do you build trust? Is it hard for others too? I almost feel like crying about this, now what's up with that? Does it relate to smoking? Hmmmm, I'm going to have to think about this. Anyone else feel an emotional response? Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We know it takes due diligence to quit smoking and then some more due diligence for a while longer to refrain from smoking. It does get easier and easier as some here will testify and have noticed this for themselves. For you now we are going to learn how to get along without smoking just long enough so that you don�t crave them much anymore. Once you have gotten yourself to that point, it becomes very evident that you actually can live without smoking. You will rejoice knowing that you are well enough to understand the rational behind giving up the smokes; they are not your friend you know. I quit thinking that I couldn�t bear to give them up. I was wrong; it is the addiction that has caused your mind this false need. For now, NRTs, distractions, rewards, and being busy, busy, busy will give your mind the chance to heal itself. If you can just give yourself that time and that chance ... continue on; there is a great big happy smoke-free life awaiting you. You just have to trust and believe that it is there and it really is there, right around the corner. Stickin To It [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 787 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,328.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 146 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: