Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

A Change

16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, Stickin'!! You don't see many older smokers anymore, do you? You used to - I remember seeing them with their oxygen tanks, and buying ciggarrettes. You've really done a phenomenal job. What else is different now that you're getting to know yourself and experience life without smoking and without an adiction? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 548 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,275.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wonderful, as in full of wonder! new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 234 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,170.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin - I really enjoy your positivity and balance. Thank you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $836.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin - Way to go! You are an inspiration! Congratulations on 2 years and many thanks for all of your support. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 490 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 2 years! Thanks for sharing your amazing insight :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats STI - and you gave me another short saying to write in my quit journal - You CAN live without them! That can be said so many ways.... [u]You CAN live without them[/u] but not long with them! Happy 2 years! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Two years !! I want to be there too ... and breathing better and walking further... well done, STI! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-22.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -23189
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Stickin to It. I'll join you in your celebrations. I've become so very fond of my no-smoking status. Positively enjoy it. Rarely, if ever, wish I could have just one. So - well done to you on 2 years. Many congratulations and thanks for your input here too. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 292 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,460.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A Change When I came into this world, I came with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. I surely thought I would go out that way as well. When I turned 40, I told myself I was going to quit. When I turned 45, I told myself I was going to quit. Before I reached my fiftieth, I said this is the big one and I am going to do this. Next thing you know, I was 54 and still smoking. Can you imagine that? Ya don�t see a whole lot of older people smoking. Do you know why? They either quit or they are among the dead. That�s right. Now given the choice at this juncture in my life, I prefer to be in the former group. I could never imagine a person being so reckless as to smoke for twenty years, how reckless is thirty, forty...then. This Friday I will have gone two years without a smoke. And you know what? Good for me, my family and my friends. I was on this mission, something that I had to do, a goal that had always escaped me. It�s been decades coming and hell no; I�m not letting it go. It is different being a non-smoker, a change. It is good different and I kind of like it. Okay, I really like it! I like being able to say no thank you, I can live without. I like the freedom of choice that I have now. A year and a half ago, I came here to find other quitters like myself to celebrate my six months anniversary with me. And now will you join me in celebrations of my two year anniversary. May all of you find the strength and resolve to give them up for good. Keep sticking to it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 722 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,996 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,971.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 134 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: