Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,702 Members

Please welcome our newest members: plouds, koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA

Voids

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't treat it as a void, I kept myself busy, I work full time, and after work, there is always something to do that's household related or yard work. When you think you are missing something you want to look for it, there is nothing to miss about smoking, don't miss the coughing, don't miss the wheezing, don't miss the difficulty breathing... nothing to miss at all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 276 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,911.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do cross stitching. It keeps my hands and mind occupied. The more difficult the pattern, the more involved I become and before I know it, an hour or more has flown by. I've also dug out some 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles from the basement. Hope this helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin To It, I have a lot of down time and I try to spend it on the computer posting and the like. I do cross-word puzzles which seem to help an awful lot and go out to the coffee shop and spend time with friends there. I'm trying everything that I can think of to fill the void. Way to go Doodles...there's nothing wrong with being lazy not getting a pack of cigs. Good reason for it. Delaying I guess does make a difference. Gin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$56,819.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 784 Hours: 8

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin.... No void here, I just have so many people pulling me in different directions that only late at night do I have that void, or down time! Too old & tired to drive to the store.. I guess delaying really does work!! Or maybe just lazy!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, That's a question that will have a different answer for everyone. What have you filled the void with so far? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We believe it fills a void however as Sparky has said, it is addiction, habit and the triggers. Yes, I go with that and how to fill the voids? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 681 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,745.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 124 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: