Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,677 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

We pay more than once - at the counter and everyday thereafter

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, DH has the same problem, I had no idea it was connected to smoking until my dentist told me when I mentioned it. Very scary. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Casey and thank you Mercy! I too have tought teeth. I had 5 cavites up to the time I was 18 and two in the past 35 years. My teeth are solid as rocks. The supporting gum and tissue is not. Thank you Mercy for telling me about that little devil enzyme :mad: I have a twin sister with the opposite situation. Most if not all of her teeth have been crowned however she has solid gums and tissues. Her pockets are in the 1 and 2 area. She smoked also but quit 20 years before I. And Mercy I just want you to know you are caught up with me but you haven't realized it just yet. You will be realizing this real soon. You have a rock solid quit Mercy! Congratulations to you. It just keeps getting easier and easier dears. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 528 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,504 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,904.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 96 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
stiken to it, Boy do I hear ya!! I have PERRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT STRAIGHT TEETH!! I have even had dentists ask if I had had braces. Surprisingly for all the years I smoked they are pretty white. (i'm sure would have been whiter) My gums never bled...but little by little over the years I lost bone and some of them began to get loose. I spent a fortune on gum surgery ...bone grafts. I have lost two back teeth that were perfect teeth, but they got loose and absessed. I lost an upper one that is off to the side. It was loose for a couple of decades and finally I broke down and let them extract it. Thank goodness it doesn't show when I smile. My quiting was too little too late. I'm an attractive woman but what good is my pretty face if I have no teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now... the rest of them are fine. I have them done 4 times a year. I haven't had a cavity since I was in my very early 20's!!!! Don't feel too bad. There is a hereditary factor involved too. We have an enzyme that many other people don;t that erode bone and tissue. But...but...yes..... smoking helps that enzyme along. Hang in there. Can't wait till I have your stats. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $733.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't think there is such a thing as a free lunch. I�m got bummed today; went again to the dentist. I am fighting a losing battle with periodontal disease aggravated by smoking. I have done all that I can flossing, dental hygienist cleaning 3 times per year, bone graphs, gum line lowering and a molar pull. My tissue and jaw bone are slowing fading away. What I should have done was quit smoking years ago. Water under the bridge now. Please be aware of this. Teeth are important wouldn�t you think; don�t smoke and learn about bone loss due to smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 528 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,504 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,904.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 96 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: