Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Soap Box

16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If it helped just one, then it was worth it! You are doing a great service to yourself and your body, a little good advice never hurt anybody..even if they did not ask for it :) I am in your corner, preach away :) Josie
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, I know the feeling of wanting to jump on a soap box, but I repress it. I remember how I felt when the reformed smokers started to preach to me. However, if a smoker asks me "how's your quit going?" or gives me any opening to explain the benefits of quitting, I take it and run with it. All they have to do is ask! Everyone will quit when they are ready...or they will die as smokers. Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,970 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Soap box, Bear? I want to shout from the rooftops: "Don't be stupid, you are missing out on so much by smoking, you're young, you're beautiful, respect & appreciate that instead of wrecking it with posion!" It's hard to keep quiet about it when you've seen both sides & this side is so much better. But you can never tell a young person that when they're 40, they will start to be short of breath & tired all thie time & smoking will keep them from doing the things they like to do. You can't convince them that their skin & hair will be dry, their teeth yellow & they will smell bad. They think they're enjoying smoking and they will never believe that someday they will be ready to give anything to quit. It's very sad. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anybody got a spare soap box ??? I just walked over to the local grocery store ( I do that now "walk" my breathing is much better and I,m not afraid of having a cardiac arrest ) Any how there were 7 young men out on their break all smoking,is that realy tobacco their smoking ?? the stench almost floored me. Thats when the soap box came out and started preaching on the evils of smoking. lol I,ll bet their still wondering who the hell was that old man.I felt a bit like a bit of a hypocrite but maybe just one of them will think about ??? There,s nothing worse than a reformed smoker. :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $650.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: