Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Congratulate Yourself

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Red]What a really wonderful story.. thank you ever so much for sharing it with us :) I'm trying to find really uplifting things to read, here at the site and in other places. Need the 'feel good' things right now. I needed to read this.. :) Congrats too on your wonderful smoke free life ! And as I sign off - I am congratulating MYSELF too ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 491 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why, This must of been a proud moment for you both! A wonderful way to validate your quit! Congrats and thanks for sharing :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone! How are you all doing this beautiful Monday morning? I know that I am doing wonderful! Have been searching for old friends lately and feeling great about life in general. Yesterday, I told someone I have known most of my life that I quit smoking. This man is like a father to me, and he also was a quitter. (Although, unfortunatly, after 11 years quit he lost 6 family members in 1 year and relapsed) Anyway, the look of shock on his face. He was one of those people when I started smoking who told me constantly what a mistake I was making. And I never listened. Damn me. :) But now that I have quit, I felt so proud to tell him, to let him know that I finally smartened up, that I was able to accomplish this "thing" that is so amazingly hard. And to be able to tell someone who has been there, who has quit and understands how hard it is. It's not the same as telling a smoker that [i]wants[/i] to quit. They are jealous, they don't want to congratulate you because it makes them think about what they are doing, or more to the point - what they [i]should[/i] be doing. And even though I could tell that he regretted quitting his quit, he still was able to say "Congratulations" and really, really mean it. So everyone, take a moment to congratulate yourself on what you are doing. Because I know that a lot of people will not take the time to do it, and you deserve to feel good about what you are doing for yourself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,689 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: