Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

My husband is such a dope

17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Me and my husband quit smoking together using the patch. He has been coming home all last week and this week telling that he is so proud of himself for not smoking (big fat lie). I went out yesterday to get into our car and I found cigarettes ashes all down the drivers side of the car. We had fog yesterday morning and he decided he had to smoke in the car on his way to work. I came back in and told my husband you need to wash off the car. I didn't tell him why. He is really pissing me off because I didn't ask him how he was doing he was offering this info. This is our 4th attempt together and each time he has gone back to smoking (sneaking around each time). I was not even ready to quit this time he talked me into it. We talked about this quit just like we talked about every quit. He promised that he would not sneak around and he never wants to smoke every again. If he went back to smoking he would go to his doctor and get some type of help. If he decided he was going back to smoking he would just admit to it and no sneaking around. He would not let me waste money on patches then go back to smoking. Well now he refuses to go to his doctor, He did the 21 mg patch for almost a month went to the 14mg smoked when back to 21. He lets me spend the money on the patch then smokes and smokes. Right now he does smell when he comes home, his excuse. Work is having to redo the parking lot and he and about 4 other employees have to park about 1/2 mile from work and one guy comes and get them. He tells me the minute he gets into the truck there are 4 other guys smoking. Ok explains smell on clothes but not on breath. I want to say something to him, but I know this is his quit not mine. But lets get real after 3 failed attempts. I am doing great on mine not smoking. Rant over. I will not give into the nicodemon. Don't want to go through another quit, I like being able to breath when I take short walks. Otis
  • Quit Meter

$27,257.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Otis Sorry I think this is hilarious! I can remember(in my pre stopping days) when Jen my wife was not supposed to know I smoked walking in with ash all down my sweater and on one occasion with a burn hole in my trousers! Who WAS I kidding? Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 218 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I understand. My husband and I quit together using patches. His quit was successful and I slipped after 70 days...never told him and struggled with myself off and on the patch, smoking and quitting...it was really hard on me and I did not share with him because I didn't want him to return to smoking too....he was doing sooo well. I finally went to my Dr. when I felt I was about to fall again and got Chantix prescribed. This helped me to quit. NRT were just not doing it and I was too much of a coward to go cold turkey after smoking 3 packs a day for 34 years..... Don't be too hard on hubby. I bet he is being harder on himself right now. Just make sure you protect YOUR quit. Perhaps you could leave some stop smoking material lying around or gently suggest a Dr. visit..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 187 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1496 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Otis, right off the bat this post stung me. I quit with my husband last June 7th, he lasted 2 months. He also continued to lie until late september when I told him to stop it (the lying) etc. Then since I was still going strong, he would rub it in and smoke around me every minute he had a chance. Christmas was misery because I had the wrong attitude. Yes, I may only have 64 days but I made it 200+ and gave that all up when finding out I had medical problems. YOU need to do it for yourself. Stop worrying about your hsuband because, coming from me and I know, it will drive you up the wall and it WILL be more difficult to keep your quit. Ask everyone here who has helped me through 6 months of hell from my husband. Let him kill himself with the cancer sticks. Think about YOUR goals, YOUR wants, YOUr needs to keep this quit of YOURS. Yes, my husband still smokes. No he told me he has NO desire to quit. Yes, it hurts to know I will have to take care of his sick toosh when it finally gets to him, no way will it ruin my quit. Its mine and I have the control over it. Take care and come here often Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,609 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $272 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Otis! I can relate to what you said. My husband and I quit together last year. I truely had no intention of remaining quit. My only reason for quitting was so that he could quit. I was so worried about his health..... But then something happened to me. I actually grew into my quit......... He lost his at 3 weeks, but I didn't realize that he was smoking again until much later. I, however, remained quit. I posted here about feeling betrayed. That's how I felt. I got a lot of responses that I never thought about. This is YOUR quit. You MUST seperate yours from his. If you feel that he is sneaking around, then let it be. He knows what he is doing. And he knows it's wrong. I wished for a whole year that my hubby would give it another try. But he never did. He wouldn't even try. I never pushed him, never hounded him, I never even said a word about him quitting. The only things I would mention was how great I feel, and how proud I am that I am doing something I never thought I was capable of. But you know what? On March 6th of this year, my husband went to a hypnosis session and has been smoke free!!!!!!!! I am so proud of him, but I don't dare overdo it!! His quit will happen when he is ready to quit. Yours already happened! Be proud of you!!! You can show him the way. Keep YOUR quit! 4my2girls [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 375 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1226.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quitting together is very difficult. We've done it in our household, but were not successful in staying quit together. I am on my own this time, and that is the best way. I have a lot to keep focused on, never mind focussing on what he is or isn't doing with his quit. Also, 2 tense people in a household is not good for the kid(s). Stay on track, keep quit. He may follow your lead. (If you make it look easy). Never mind him. You are doing yourself an awesome favor by quitting. Show him the way! Your going great. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $724.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$330,495.98

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: