Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Taking the Time

17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I couldnt figure out how to do quotes so here goes..lol ---------------------------------------------------- QUOTE: Your numbers and support has helped as well. Our seasoned members have lots to give and are well received :) ----------------------------------------- I think to myself that 50, or 40 or even 30 days smoke free will be a HUGE accomplishment for myself!!! (not to mention 12 Days!!) So thank you! You are also looked up upon! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amen to that. They are the living testimony that it can be done, and that's the conviction we cling to; that we can be free too.
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, Real quick... I just want to take the time and thank those with longtime stats who come here to support us!! You have NO IDEA what looking at your high numbers of quit days does for us. Not to mention your words of wisdom and experience. Some of us have hung on your words of hope. From the bottom of my heart.... thank you May I someday have numbers way up in the hundreds till I see 365days and more. Mercy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $223.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with Mercy, it is so nice of you to stick around to support the rest of us. I can only imagine that this site helped you through the rough spots, and now you are giving back by helping others. We can all learn from you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"One day at a time, One day at a time, One day at a time,..." Keep that mantra in mind, and you'll get there! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 202 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,028 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1010 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just remember, we were all where you are now... and you will be here before you know it. Plus, many of us don't just stick around to help others... although we do that in the process... it's just that this site is so addictive!!! We substituted one addiction for another - except this addiction doesn't kill us and actually helps others not kill themselves anymore either! I'm glad to have THAT kind of addiction! :) And a many thanks to all of those with way bigger numbers than me who stuck around to help me out too! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 636 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,922 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2626.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, It's funny because I do remember the first few days of my quit how encouraging it was to see people like Katy, Bubba, Lin and a number of others with GIANT numbers after their "Smoke-Free Days". I also remember that my meter never seemed to turn over as fast as other people's did ;p 50+ days is incredible and you are almost at the two month mark - that's AWESOME! Those coming after you (whether they post or not) are finding their inspiration in your quit. Pretty cool. All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 952 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,054 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4284 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$36,926.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 638 Hours: 17

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Personally, I don't feel that I am really much further in quitting than you guys are.....I still make that "choice" to not light up. My only advantage is that I have done that long enough that it has become easy...I realise it "really" is what I want for the rest of my life.... that will soon happen to you...you have planted the seed and it will grow into full blown freedom. Just hang on.....cause when that begins to happen, the days and weeks begin flying....and then you quit counting them, cause you no longer need that comfort....you know you aren't going back....1 day or 10,000. Kickin butt just gets to be a natural thing LOL Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1894 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10795.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 249 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$158,924.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 2

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Your numbers and support has helped as well. Our seasoned members have lots to give and are well received :) It is important to realize that all members make a difference :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: