Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Day one down - Still alive

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, Thank you for the words. Rachel, that's awesome. An hour into your quit and you took the time to encourage me. Thank you very much. I know your nervous but it gets better. I know this because I have been quitting on and off for about 2 years now. My problem is breaking the mental habit but it will come with time. Good luck Rachel, I'm sure you will be fine. Ter724, I am not on IM but that sounds like a good plan...Especially at 3AM when I'm trying to keep my mind on something else. I'm watching some old James Bond movies. Tutti, Thanks for the words. I'm not a big water fan; however, I am a consistant coke drinker so hopefully that will have the same affect. Thank you all for the words. This is truly what helps people during the first stages of a quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, Day one is over and wasn't it fun...lol..
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just went through all of this stuff to finally get here. I had my LAST ciggerette about an hour ago. Not feeling bad yet, but wanted to congratulate you on your first day I am so nervous..... But I am committed to making it through. Best wishes to you , YOU CAN DO IT!!! Rachel
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JoJo, I hate to say it but day one wasn't that tough for me. Day three (yesterday) was considerably worse. But I'm sure that everyone experiences the first while as a non-smoker differently. You may find that the first day was the worst. I was here at SSC a couple of years ago and I remember that there was a lot of diversity in the way people experienced 'hell week'. Some suffered like crazy from the get-go... and some handled it a lot better. I didn't even join SSC until I had a full week in, and as I remember it, that first week was easier for me than it is this time 'round. So I think there's a lot that factors in to how we're effected, not just the first week or two, but well into our quits. I remember reading posts from people who were a month in and were feeling terrific; they we're managing the cravings well... and really enjoying their lives. While others at 6 months were still dreading every day. They felt that they were under a constant barrage of overwhelming cravings... and they wondered if it was ever going to end. I was one of those who really felt good after a couple of weeks. By the time I hit 90 days... I was feeling very comfortable as a non-smoker. So, why did I go back smoking? Well, suffice it to say that I encountered the one thing I always knew would be my ultimate trigger, and when that happened... I didn't even try to overcome it. I think I was actually looking to kill myself at that point, so the cigs just seemed like a good idea. Anyway, over two years later... I've moved on, my life has changed, and I'm back to a place where I feel good about my chances to become a non-smoker. More than that, really. I've laid the groundwork and created a life that will support my decision to become a non-smoker. Perhaps I could have achieved that even in a more tenuous and chaotic environment, but I decided to wait until things stabilized. Now that they have, I need to quit smoking, and that's why I'm here. This support group was a wonderful aid for me 2 years ago, and I believe it will be again. My prior experience taught me some very painful lessons, and I believe that they will hold me in good stead as I enter into my second major attempt to free my life from this addiction. Anyway, this is day 4 for me. I can't live my
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jojo, Congrats on your first day of being smoke free. You can and will totally do this! If you feel a craving, try and close your eyes and take some deep cleansing breaths...and release the craving when you exhale. That helps me sometimes. Good luck, stay strong and everyone here has got your back...and excellent advise! JAZ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 87 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jojo, Congratulations on getting through that first day. You're doing great. I know it's hard but I know that you can do this. Make sure you're drinking tons of water. It really does help with cravings and it'll flush the nicotine out of your system. Keep us posted, okay? We're here for you. Stay Strong!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 902 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jojo Your right on the mark here, YOU CAN DO THIS...Drink lots and lots of water and keep busy as you are able ealy on...It will help you get a running start on this thing... You have made a wonderful decision nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you on IM? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $580.28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jo Jo I am in IM for 10mins.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 214 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1123.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: