Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

loss of time

17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Has anyone ever figured out how much time you waste if you go outside or to a certin room to smoke. Now that I think of it I wasn't getting much done around the house because I was always out smoking thinking of what I SHOULD be doing. Now I am on the computer and not getting anything done. But I know there is a end to this,except to check in and say hi. I have a long way to go for that but I do things inbetween chats. Jnine
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, you got that right,they just sit smoke and think about what they are going to do next. Then they run out of time after they are suffering from lung cancer or broke from the cost of cigaretts. Just joking. But goo answer Phil jnine :)
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i reckon in a 12 hour shift, i would spend at least 1.5 hours smoking that is quite a lot when you think about it now i have a lot more time i think we all notice this as we get more into our quits lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,442 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �384 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$113,585.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6494 Hours: 12

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah but Jnine smokers will justify this time as tnink time or creative thinking time or work discussion time...or whatever they can use to justify it Remeber? I now call it... Wasted time... Suicide time... Expensive time... Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 173 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �908.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jnine, Yes we wasted a lot of time smoking. Luckily, we've decided to give ourselves a chance to take back time. In addition to finding new ways to spending your time, your quit is also adding days to your life. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jnine, I could spend all day here & i would still accomplish more than when i smoked. It's not so much the time wasted it's the fact that we spent valuble time breathing down that brown crap into our lungs. I could've been making the most out my life instead of sucking on a brain numbing nicotine delivery device & poisining myself in the process. down with the everything nicotine ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 756 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,916 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4914 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 109 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$12,575.76

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 629 Hours: 5

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, jnine, It took me about 5 minutes to smoke a cig. I would go outside; but FIRST, I had to get my coffee, or tea; so that took about a minute. I smoked at least 2 cigs an hour..so that is between 12 and 15 minutes out of every waking hour that was wasted on smoking. If we are awake for 17 hours, (leaving 7 hours for sleep) that is between 3.4 hours and 4.25 hours wasted on smoking every day. No wonder we feel like we have so much more time in the beginnings of our quit! Wow, our lives should be much more productive without that time going up in smoke...not to mention the money that goes up in smoke, and the health that goes up in smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $487.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$90,868.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 3

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: