Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Zyban

17 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Firstly I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm really sorry if it's in the wrong place. I'm using Zyban to help me with my quit and so far it's working great. When I went to the Doctor to ask about Zyban she wrote a prescription for me and said she didn't know much about it but she was sure it came with a leaflet. I've read the leaflet and tried looking up a few thing's on the Internet but I cant seem to find much info on stopping using it. I know it's really early day's for me but I wondered what anyone here's experience of it is. When did you stop taking it? I would really like to know if withdrawal symptoms got any worse or if the craving's got worse? Did the depression or anger get worse? Can you become addicted to Zyban? I fully understand that different people react differently and I'm not asking anyone to tell me what will happen to me or what I should do, I just wanted to here your personal experiences (if anyone has any) Thanks :) Jue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$567,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4671 Hours: 10

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your relpy's, it's great to hear how other's have found it :) [quote]quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- When I went to the Doctor to ask about Zyban she wrote a prescription for me and said she didn't know much about it -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- May i ask why a doctor would perscribe something they no nothing about ? gets me thinking. [/quote] I have a friend who quit using Zyban, i went to my doctor's and i asked if i could have it, she took my blood pressure and printed the prescription and said she dident know much about it but she was sure it would tell me all i needed to know on the leaflet. It's the kind of thing i would expect from my doctor's, there hopless. [quote]Generally, a doctor will indicate how long you should be taking the medication on the prescription. If you have questions about your prescription that weren't answered in the leaflet, please talk to your pharmacist. It is their specialty and most are happy to answer questions [/quote] Thanks Danielle but like i said in my opening post, im not looking for people to tell me what i should do, i just wanted to know how they had found it :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$567,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4671 Hours: 10

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I took Zyban (Wellbutrin) for a week prior to quitting, under my doctors recommendation. I stopped taking wellbutrin about 1 week after ceasing the patch (patch for 6 weeks), about 8 weeks total. I felt I was ready to get rid of all evidence of me being a smoker, including the aids for quitting. Also, i was having a hard time sleeping, evidently the Wellbutrin caused restless sleep for me. I really don't know how or if I could have quit without the help of these products (zyban/patch)..as well as the support and tools I have gained from the site. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bullseye, I started on Wellbutrin Sept 18, quit smoking on the 28th of September, stated weining off of Wellbutrin the end of December, I have been off for over 3 weeks now. I have had a couple of rough days, but I had those while on Wellburtin too. The cravings are fewer and farther between every day! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,814 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $427.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bullseye, I've been on Zyban for 24 days now. 10 days before my quit, and now 14 days after. I have to say that for me using Zyban has made a difference. Sure I still have some rough days but they are more manageable. I certainly don't feel as down as I felt with other quits. I'd have to say its made the difference for me. Hope that helps, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 439 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bullseye, I used it when I quit, and it worked well for me, too. It made me really irritable (understatement), was hoping for a lift, and it was the exact opposite. I hoped for weight loss, too. No such luck. I was on it for less than 2 months. I had been afraid to come off it, I didn't want my craves to increase, but the worry was for nothing because I didn't notice any difference. After I came off I was weepy for about a week. I guess my body had to readjust. I'm more than 7 months into my quit and doing great. Hang tough, the first week is the worst. If the craves are bad, use slow, deep breathing. It worked wonders for me. Read and post often, the support here is amazing! Yell if you need us, Andrea p.s. Hubby also quit w/wellbutrin and gum, and he's 2 weeks in. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 233 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1106.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bullseye, Generally, a doctor will indicate how long you should be taking the medication on the prescription. If you have questions about your prescription that weren't answered in the leaflet, please talk to your pharmacist. It is their specialty and most are happy to answer questions. :) Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] When I went to the Doctor to ask about Zyban she wrote a prescription for me and said she didn't know much about it [/quote] May i ask why a doctor would perscribe something they no nothing about ? gets me thinking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,893 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4907.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 109 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$12,509.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 625 Hours: 22

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bullseye, I can only say that Zyban worked for me, March 1st of 2003, Was taking two pills aday, but then on March 10th when I quit smoking, I came down with a case of the diahrea, and so I cut the pills back to just 1 pill aday for 7 full weeks, and I just told myself that I don't need them anymore, and away I went, Yes, I can't say they were the sweetest pill I ever took, but it was better then smoking, so I stayed with them, had very little craving's at all after I quit, Was a pack and a half aday person for 40 years, if they work on me, they must work on Anyone, But combine the Zyban with a good Motivation to quit, it should get You where Your going, Good Luck in Your journey, Smokless In Oklahoma :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1419 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,599 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6073.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 322 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$26,838.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 883 Hours: 15

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: