Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Call in the Cavalry

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't even have to re-read my response from last night with the ASAP statement. It's dangerous. One of the things that helped me in a sick way while I was on vacation was seeing parents smoking with their kids. I found it very sad. If one of them had offered me a cigarette I wouldn't have taken it (No, I didn't fantasize about strangers offering me cigarettes like on a broadway show stage - but it's not a bad idea). I was able to stand outside of myself and see, even that one aspect of what I was doing. It took me less than 24 hours of being home to slip into thinking of smoking despite my kids. I gotta get to the other side of that window and stay there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
I could't wait to post. Thanks Dudedad for responding. I posted and then posted to another posting. Since then my youngest is hollering for me to put him to bed. After a week-long vacation, I'm gonna go put him to bed early (or try). I'll respond soon. The point is . . . it was good to see your response. To be honest and not too sweet here. Otherwise, I'd be think'n of a smoke - ASAP. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
OK, so it's 5 days out. I've been out of pocket and out of computer contact. It has helped to be out of routine and environment when I quit (for those of you who don't know, I went on a week-long vacation my first week of quiting). I haven't had any of the environmental triggers except for periodic periods of being alone. And to mention what triggers me perhaps the most - stressful, emotional, inter-relational triggers - lots of those on a vacation with extended family. Some part of myself has tempted several times to engage me in a debate. (I always wished I was part of the debate team - if I had known anything about it, when I was in high school). The major issue was as follows: I wanna cigarette; It'll help me. But my quitt'n brain would always insist that I give a good answer first as to how it would be beneficial. Of course my smok'n part responded - "cause, you'll feel better". I kept thinking of this site and said to myself " Well, I'll just wait and see". I kept think'n and the most important part is that I kept wait'n. I'm still want'n but the important part, I guess, is that I'm on day 5 and still not smok'n. THANKS. You guys were in my head even when I couldn't get to a computer. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right On Imallclear!!....5 days is awesome! You may not have had the enviromental triggers... but there is alot of other triggers you swiftly dealt with! Good job and welcome back..Hope vacation was fun!--Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wqay to go imallclear congrats onmaking it through hell week well done lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$113,645.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 22

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are making such wise decisions! Good for you for staying so strong! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi imallclear - Congratulations! You are doing beautifully... Just stay in the moment and remember your commitment to be and stay Quit, and add N.O.P.E. to that (not one puff ever) and you have it made... Remember that craves and triggers pass and lose power with time, and time always passes, so just hang on in the tough times. And protect your Quit with everything in you... Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 266 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1236.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
imallclear - You did an awesome job on vacation! You really resisted those temptations and made some wise choices. Coming back home is always hard because you are back in familar territory and life gets back to normal. Only you are coming back to normal as a non-smoker. Please think of your children and the life that you share with them. You are an example to your kids and an important figure for them to look up to. I know that you are going to go through lots of emotional thoughts and that little voice inside will try to convince you that you'll feel better or more "normal" if you have a cig. Don't listen to that voice! You can beat it! You are a strong person! Keep your aids near you - hard candies, straws, etc. so that you can reach for them when you need them. Hug your children tight and breathe in their sweet smell knowing that you will never smoke around them. Take care and you are wise to come here and post. You are doing a great job! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,797 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $558 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$1,704,675.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5865 Hours: 15

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go IM you are through day 7 and well on your way to the next day. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other. Stay Strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 283 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
clear, Glad to see you are still here! Congrats on making it through hell week and know that you did work hard to overcome those craves. Take care of yourself and the rest will follow :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: