Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Keep your Focus

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much, what a great way to send us on a holiday weekend, those of use celebrating Thanksgiving. Thank you for the pep talk!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Stickin! Wise words! :) nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $445 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very well said Stickin I think when you forget about those reasons is when you are in danger. My hubby smokes, I love him, but feel real sorry for him. It is easy now for me to keep focus. I hate the smell, and I hate cold weather. I think the more we battle early on in our quits the better we are. For me the battle was fierce, my coping skills were used quite often. I also got lots of practice telling the junkie off. Now when I think of smoking, I also think of all the bad effects of it. The 2 just go hand in hand. My reasons had a lot to do with my kids. They are always around, so it is not hard to remember all my reasons for quiting. Excellant post Stickin. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $424 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Think about it
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep your Focus Never forget the reasons why you quit. There were reasons think about them. Don�t dwell on smoking, forget about it. Train your mind to forget about them. If the though surfaces, push it out and replace it with another thought. It is not fun quitting and what I�ve said all along you don�t want to have to go through this again. For the most part, I enjoyed smoking even after forty years of it. Guess what, it is bad for you, bad for others and your loved ones. You need to push the thought out of your mind and keep it out of your mind. Always remember we all have friends who have quit and they have stayed quit. Visit your roots and remember why you quit in this first place. Be happy that you don�t smoke anymore and consider yourself lucky. Feel sorry for the poor guy of gal on the street puffing away. Don�t become one of them ever again. Smoking is just so unnatural and it is good for nothing. It is a very, very bad habit. Stay the course and help others on the journey. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 304 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1596 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: