Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Junkie thoughts to beat all other junkie thoughts

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you didn't listen! That would, indeed, be awful. Then they would have to take away ALL THREE one year threads for you! You are so respected and loved. You have so much to offer. And you keep offering it to all of us just starting out. Thank you for still being here, and for showing us what it takes to quit with class. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phew BFS! Thank goodness you didn't! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shevie, I know you had a good one a few days ago about slipping so you could empathize with those who had slipped, but I think I had the all-time best junkie thoughts last night. There were two of them that were so ridiculous that I can laugh at them now... but at the time, I was seriously considering doing it. I was out celebrating my one year completely smoke free, but the person I was hanging out with was a smoker (as are most of the people I hang out with), and started to want to smoke really badly. OK, here they are... "It's your one year anniversary... why not make it REALLY memorable by smoking as a reward for staying quit for a whole year? You deserve to smoke after not having smoked for a whole year!" Then, the thought that I would have to reset my meter entered my mind and my junkie came back with... "If you smoke tonight, but only before Midnight, then if you reset your meter, you can still keep your same quit date, just one year later so all major milestones will still be the same." Does this make sense to ANYBODY?!?! Well, it made perfectly good sense to me last night. Glad I didn't listen though! How awful would that have been to ruin my one year anniversary of being completely smoke free by smoking?!?! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1511.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You never know do you??????????Booooo that junky is so vile.Marie
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS, Haha. That's junkie thinking for ya! Glad you kick that junkie to the curb. Thanks for sharing. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump RDMan! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You weren't alone BFS. Both my father and I had the same kind of thoughts on our 1 year anniversary. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 444 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1509.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Huge congrats on your one year mileston, BFS!!!!! I knew you would do it and admire your perseverance and tenacity. NOPE, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 464 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: