Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Bud Light

17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday I went to a Arts & Seafood festival. I was abit nervous about drinking beer, which I have not been doing since I quit. I always felt I would blow my quit with a few (or many) beers in me. I had an awaesome day, the sun was shining, lots of great food. At one point I thought a cig sure would be good... no it wouldn't. I watched the smokers, they stand off to the side, back in the corner, away from the rest of the party. Don't want to be there anymore, I woke up today with only a slight hangover, back in the day I would of smoked a pack and felt like total crap! Anyway, it was a great day! I don't need to smoke to have a good time. Have a great Sunday! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $113.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ter - I'm afraid I have abit of a fat head today too. I always thought that drinking was a major trigger for me....but if I had to compare...I think boredom, finishing a meal are bigger triggers. Kinda nice to dispell the belief that we can't have fun without cigarettes. The only situation I wouldn't trust is drinking with smokers (which I won't have to worry about until next summer because smokers always go outside)...not sure that I would trust my judgement if the cigarette was sitting right in front of me. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri I'm really liking what I see in your post here. You just keep that positive stuff working for you. The postive stuff seems to have a hold on you! And ditto what N2K and Rachel recognized in your post that you are vey maturing nicely with your quit! Good job, no very good Job, Terri!
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at you Ter, you have passed yet another test. Congrats marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ter, That's wonderful! Sounds like you're really starting to become comfortable in your quit. Kudos on a job well done! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] I don't need to smoke to have a good time. [/quote] That's a very important 'aha' moment for a lot of people Terri. It's so true! Smoking never helped us have fun, it gave us our fix. Once an ex-smoker is able to seperate those sensations - smoking no longer has the same appeal. Way2go! [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 435 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,582 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] Smoking never helped us have fun, it gave us our fix. Once an ex-smoker is able to seperate those sensations - smoking no longer has the same appeal. [/quote] Excellent advice N2K! And Ter.......Well done..... those 31 days look pretty darn great! Rachel Two years, eight months, 22 hours, 15 minutes and 28 seconds. 19478 cigarettes not smoked, saving �4,382.48. Life saved: 9 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes.
  • Quit Meter

$17,532.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 790 Hours: 4

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: