Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,703 Members

Please welcome our newest members: KPALMA, plouds, koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA

UFO and The Ever Expanding Wave

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!
Raised for new ones! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 246 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,703 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1291.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Hello UFO and all the new people joining You are so correct my friend! The time does come when you forget about lighting up in those familiar places and that is where we all want to be! Thank you and all of you for your posts to the other thread �The Final Stages of the Journey�. There is a new and expanding wave of quitters coming forth and I hope that all of the supporting cast can hang in with them and continue to shepard them. I have been really busy at work, home, family you name it and I don't have lots of free time to compose and help here as much as I would like to. I will be here because I have that SCC addition. It must be what I replaced smoking with, do you thunk :). Took me forty years to get away from smoking and it will take at least that long to move away from here. I read through all of the new quitters posts this morning from the last few days, and I want to welcome all of you here in this one post. If I may speak for the others, we are so happy that you have joined us and collectively we will be here helping you with your journey. I have taken noticed of several new quitters here who have just be grand at support, their posts are so helpful and inspiring, and there are the immediates as well as the longer term quitters who are the backbone of this site. Please let�s start and continue our journey, keep our coping tools close by: distract your mind and focus on other things, change activities when the triggers are just to much to bear, exercise, go to bed early, I did this a lot, drink water, use straws, munch on celery and carrots, post here and whatever is your fancy. Have a splendid weekend. The quit is yours for the taking! Again UFO, thank you! What a marvelous quit 600 days tomorrow and doing it and doing it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1281 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Hi Danielle Oh two other important elements: whining and bragging. Very good coping tools, worked for me!
Hi Danielle, Good to hear from you! To answer your question, about the coping stragedy for the first few days: Before I quit, I reduced my smoke intake from 20 to 5 per day over a two week period. I was able to get away with using a 7 mg patch a couple hour per day. I drank water while driving, I went on many short 5 minutes walks, went to bed early, lifted free ways for 45 to an hour 5 days per week, did hiking a couple hours per week, and the most important tool I used was the self talk. Always telling me that I can do this because it has been done by so many before me and always reminding myself why I quit.
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin you're on a roll 3666 cigs, wow I love watching those stats :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin to it, Thank you for taking the time to welcome our new members and sharing your thoughts with us. Look at you! 244 days under your belt! That alone is inspirational! Any particular coping strategy you found helpful during those first few days? Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
Wow Stickin to it! I'm impressed! Kudos on a job well done! Thanks for sharing this with us and the new members starting off their journey. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
Stickin, Very good coping mechanisms! With that quit meter, you've earned bragging rights! Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:)
  • Quit Meter

$57,090.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1130 Hours: 17

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter