Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

The most awesome advice in a post of its own that can be bumped

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thankyou Butterfly Swimmer i will keep going back to it this to get some back bone to quit again!
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump for ox_star.
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know things have a funny way of showing up. I was reading some of my past posts. When I left in Sept and said "goodbye" that is what she posted to me. While I was gone I did just that. I would smoke and think about the color of smoke, how it felt when I inhaled and was smoking doing anything for me in a postive way. Of course the answer is no. Funny I also email that thread to me so I could have it on hand. It is great that you thought enough of it to share with everyone. Thanks Butterfly Swimmer. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump for Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 605 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$52,365.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 916 Hours: 16

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shevie posted an awesome post that should be read by [b]ALL[/b] people who are considering quitting and/or people who have slipped or relapsed and are returning to smoking. So, I want to share his incredible words of wisdom in a post of its own for anyone considering quitting. "During your brief hiatus from quitting I want you to do something for yourself. I want you to examine every cigarette you smoke. Why are you smoking it? Is it helping? Is there something else you could/should be doing right now? Also, notice the details of smoking: the heat of the cig between your fingers and on your lips. Notice the heat of the smoke as it goes into your mouth and down your throat. Notice the sting of the smoke in your eyes. Before you inhale, let a bit of smoke out and notice its color. Then notice the difference in the smoke's color as you exhale. Remind yourself that the change is because something was left behind, in you, coating your lungs. Do that at least twice with every cig you smoke and remember that it happens with each drag. Also remember that what is left behind is infusing itself into every cell of your lungs, altering their structures to set the stage for COPD, altering their DNA to set the stage for lung cancer. Every drag, Sparky. Don't worry about your slip. You do as I asked and your slip will be temporary, I assure you. And please do not say goodbye. You don't have to be quit to be here. You just have to want to be. IMO, as long as you desire to be smoke-free, then you are trying to quit. Trying is good enough for me."
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for starting this BFS, It is the simple things that we take for granted. This is great insight and Shevie you should give yourself a hand! Worth the print out for the fridge! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: