Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

need to be careful

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate, Well done on not having a cigarette! Being in a bad mood for a while is much better than lighting up a cigarette and jeopardising your health. I am a very emotional person - I cried a lot even when I was smoking. The first three weeks of my quit were weepy days for me - if I wasn't shouting, the chances were that I was bawling my eyes out! But things have calmed down. Yes, maybe I'll have another bout of being over-emotional but when it comes, I'll be ready for it. I'm sure that this is a lesson in life. I'm sure you too will find the strength to learn it. Sending you all the courage in the world! Deli x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 529 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate again I say don't smoke it's bad for you, you'll stink and you'll hate yourself so be quit be fit one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,266 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
psycologically i'm in a bad mood..really bad. I'm keeping myself as busy as possible.It cannot be more busy! I need to rest-but i still don't sleep well-i do things around and i'm controlling myself wtih mom,who smokes! last night i went out with friends,non smokers.i didn't even think about it.However,now that i'm relaxing a little in office,i'm thinking about it..just the habit! nothing else!! I stopped counting down the days. i just feel a non smoker which i believe it's positive (but still in danger,you know?) due to my bad mood i thought a lot to light one up..but then i thought,what the h�ll,it won't make me feel better..only destroy my stomach and my mouth. i'm sorry..i can write and write....just feeling bored and ....bored. thank you all Kate From Greece [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Golly, Kate...you are doing so well. I'm glad you aren't lighting up! :) We all have good days and bad days. Sometimes at the end of the day, what initially began as a bad day, turned into a good one. :)
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, Good for you for keeping quit! Try relaxation techniques for that negative stress and ease yourself into sleep. Hot bath and stretches before bed will help relax you. How about taking a fun dance class! Shake your negativity off and let loose, it will also get you out of the house! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: