Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Getting the right help early on

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all new newcomers and welcome. Yes, help is here. Are you ready to stick to your quit? Congratulations to lady who passed the 14 month and rvman who just passed 200 day, hooray. Marie would be in the 80 day quit area and PrincessC, would be approaching the 60 day area. Both Marie and Princess are in the thick of it you know, who to help you better. Ask for their assistance. Longer quitters such as myself forget the turmoil of the initial quit stages. Let�s do the positive quit, and the attitute is straight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1181.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Stickin, Am so glad to see you here. I have missed your knowledge and words of encouragement. It has been an integeral part of not only my, but i am sure other members & guest's quit also. I agree 100% with you when you say [quote] Longer quitters such as myself forget the turmoil of the initial quit stages. [/quote] I myself did not keep a journal and wish i had, the first week really was HELL week although most of it is a blur for me now, this is where it is good to have a "newbie" come in and encourage others as their memory of the first week would be "fresh" and not sugar coated as mine perhaps may be purely because i am at a different stage in my quit. I do think everyone of our group members, no matter what stage they are in their quit have an equal amount of knowledge and understanding to give to others. Yes that includes you too Stickin. I suppose no matter where you are in your quit, each and every one of us can identify with what you are going through. 225 days is fantastic Stickin - congratulations on such a solid quit. PrincessC x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Stickin congrats on your stats. I have kept a journal and still writing in it every day. Let me tell you it gets better before it gets worse and then better again, quite the roller coaster ride. But the key word is it gets better( again ) So we have to look at the positive even when the worse comes creeping around the corner because it's never as bad as the first week or second week or third so on and so forth. Today I feel very confident about my quit, so one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Stickin and congrats to you on your continued success as well. I don't believe I will ever forget the turmoil of the quit. I quit during a stressful period and it was a lot of work for me. I try to remember where I came from in all I do in life. Someone once told me, "never forget where you come from or the good Lord just might send you back to remember". We are all addicts around here whether we have been quit for 1 day or 1,000 days. All of us are a puff away from a pack a day. The help I needed was here and I try to give it back as well. Quitting is the most wonderful thing anyone can do for themselves. EVER! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 431 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1508.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, Thanks for the support! We can all definitely learn from one another and know that every experience may be different. This will come in handy with all members. Take the time to share and ask lots of questions, we are always here to help :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: