Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Well I slipped

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know what...your going to make it. You know you goofed. Oh the one puff won't hurt me...ahhhhhh....I lost a 3 1/2 year quit cause my hubby started again and I thought..just one won't hurt me...that was almost 3 years ago. Now I'm fighting the quit again. Thanks for sharing....don't we feel silly when we realized why we did it in the first place? Sabina
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Timetodoit, Well, it sounds like you learned a good lesson... quitting means N.O.P.E. - Not One Puff Ever. If you smoke, then you run the risk of ending right back in your addiction in no time flat. I'm glad you're back and you're going to do this again. You know you can do it. Just stick to N.O.P.E. and you'll do just fine! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1197.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you are right back on it, never quit quitting. Sorry to hear about your break up but smoking didn't make it any better...did it? N.O.P.E. it didn't. Stay here and use us instead, we are here and together we can beat this demon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My quit was going well. I beat 100 days, school was going peachily, and summer break was afoot. Then I had a nice hefty sized breakup with my girl, and I went to drink away my sorrows. At the bar, I bummed a cig off the woman sitting next to me. Then I went home and decided screw the quit, I need nicotine now! That was a month ago. I smoked a pack a day since then. Whoever said one puff away from a pack a day was absolutely spot on. I got back on the patch 2 days ago. I have been good since then. School has started again, so hopefully I can keep myself busy and out of this kind of trouble. I feel like I let y'all down :( Hopefully, this time it'll stick. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $432 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi SSC'ers! Thanks so much for your words :) I don't know where I'd be without all you wonderful, warm, and fuzzy folk. hehe. Y'all are on the spot. I just need to learn from this, figure out what I could have done different, and keep on a' truckin. Ah, gotta get going. Bye y'all!
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't be so hard on yourself. You knew it wasn't going to be easy. Be PROUD of yourself for quiting. Now you know what to expect during the first days, weeks, months. Use your slip to warn/educate others. Deep Breath Go Forward [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $804 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Been there, done that, got the t shirt and felt an idiot. One can argue that it is part of the process and really teaches you that you cannot have even a tiny puff. As to letting us down..................nope. You know as well as I do that the only person you let down was you. Just climb back on board and get on with being a non smoker. mad englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 250 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,751 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1250 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 191 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Suck it up Cowboy, get back on that horse. You can do it. Smoking is easy, not smoking is hard. Anyone can smoke, we choose not to. Yeee--hawww!! The walkingeagle of Minnesota [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 518 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,745 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 86 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$383,298.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9896 Hours: 19

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to disagree a little with Lake...but I do think you should be somewhat hard on yourself. If you really want to quit, you'll do some homework and some penance. List the reasons why breaking up made you want to smoke. Did you think smoking would take the pain away? What would you do differently now to keep from relapsing during an emotional time? 100 days is a long quit to give up. What have you learned, what will you do differently, what will you be able to teach others? Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 609 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2131.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 83 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$54,953.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 0

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: