Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,104 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

Back to work

18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, Pleased you've got your work situation sorted out. I find that I'm OK when I'm working; it's during leisure time that I might let the NicoDemon into my thoughts. Can you arrange some sort of deal with your co-habitees where you're not exposed to their smoke? Take care Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �705 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy, [b][color=Maroon]CONGRATULATIONS on 2 days smoke free!!!!!![/b][/color] That is great! One craving at a time..... Don't look beyond that yet. While putting one foot in front of the other, and taking baby steps, you will get there! Just make a choice, and fight for your choice. Fight for your freedom! Unfortunately, there is no[b][color=Teal]trying[/b][/color] in quitting. If you [b][color=Teal]try[/b][/color], you leave yourself open for failure. Not this time though! You will do it. No ifs, ands, or buts about it........ Just choose to not smoke!! Your quit is yours. Even though living with smokers sucks, you can still choose not to smoke. Don't let your brain tell you how you "miss" smoking. Instead, keep telling yourself that you choose not to smoke, you do not want to smoke. Only you can control your thoughts, and therefore, control the depth of your cravings. Stand strong!!!! We are here for you!!!! ;) 4my2girls [b][font=Tahoma]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life [/b][/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy, I too (like ED) find it easier at work as it is non smoking. At (also non smoking) I can go outside so I find it harder. We all have places and situations that are challenging but you have to find a way of coping with them. You have managed that for 2 days so you are getting the hang of it - so well done! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �252.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So, Lucy, there are many of us who have found exercising helpful. You might want to start walking or join a gym. It really helps survive the first few months and keeps the weight , oh, maybe not off, but, somewhat under control. Congrats on your decision to Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1495 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, You can quit regardless of the situations that surround you. If you want to quit you will. It's a choice. Choose not to smoke one day at a time and let tomorrow take care of itself. You are doing great. Congratulations on making it to day 2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 321 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1123.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As you all know I've been out of work for the past couple of months. Hopefully with the doctors ok I'll be able to go back to work within two weeks. I hope I will not crack and go back to smoking. I have been trying to quit the past couple of months. I started over again and I'm on day two of not smoking. Its been hard because I live with two smokers. I just hope they can follow in my footsteps.
  • Quit Meter

$145,225.69

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5917 Hours: 2

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I find now that I'm not smoking I sure like to snack alot. I find watching TV very hard. I guess its because I'm sitting around doing nothing. Thats why I came here to post. There is nothing on till 10 anyway. The nights seem very long now that I'm not smoking. I hope the two people I live with follow in my footsteps. I don't want to old and still smoking like my mother does. And I don't want to waste anymore money on smoking. I want to be free of all smoke!
  • Quit Meter

$145,225.69

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5917 Hours: 2

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, Glad to see that you are working your way back! You have 2 weeks to prepare so get in there and get ready :) Use coping mechanisms and avoidance techniques. Once in awhile take some you time and congratulate yourself for making the right choice. Protect your quit at all costs. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: