Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,798 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

The Mad English Ski Trip

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brent I LOVED THIS STORY..... filled with facts and laughs, the best kind of story. Thanks for sharing and we are always open to more stories around here. Nice stats too - glad you are enjoying your quit. Hangin In Not Givin In, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do say, that your words are written in my mind. These are what I believe is making my journey less bumpier, and brighter!! [quote] Knowledge of what I was dealing with was fundamental. Support from the people on this site was crucial. The realisation that I was not giving anything up was a revelation. [/quote] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $173.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Brent you have been missed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $425.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can all blame Lady....................she made the fatal mistake of encouraging me in her reply to my post yesterday. "Tell us a story" she said! I've never been away with my family as an ex smoker. In fact, it's been 35 years since I travelled without my duty frees and lighter (what a frightening thought.......... :8o:) Note the use of the term "ex smoker". I personally believe that we are just that......smokers who choose never to smoke again.....that is why we can never have another puff. Anyway..........looking back on the holday, a number of things stuck me about the experience. I have realised that I did not have to deceive my family or lie to them! I used to make all sorts of excuses to get away from them so that I could smoke (I used to pretend that I hid my smoking from the children, but they have noses!). I would go to the shops, ski off and get lost, pretend to go to the toilet or just wait for them to all go to bed so that I could choke myself. In fact, the focus of my life was the next fix of the drug. This year I have seen the chidren grow in confidence, noticed the Alpine scenery and generally enjoyed myself. I'm fitter and a much faster skier....................this is because I am several pounds heavier due to eating all the pies. Funny thing is that I don't care........summer is approaching and there's a lot of grass to cut and the gym to go to. We had our share of problems...........jumping up and down on the tiny little wheel brace that comes with my car to try to change the puncture was amusing. I decided to get hold of the mechanic who had done up the wheel bolts with his air tool and throw him down a black run with no poles...........but the funny thing was that at no time did it occur to me to smoke to relieve the stress. The lesson of course is that bad things happen whether you smoke or not. So at 140 days what have I learnt? Stopping smoking has been the hardest as well as the best and most enjoyable thing that I have ever done (excluding that incident with my first girlfiend several decades ago :p) Knowledge of what I was dealing with was fundamental. Support from the people on this site was crucial. The realisation that I was not giving anything up was a revelation. For anyone who might b
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you my friend. You always make me laugh. I just wish you would stop by more often. Something you said really jumped out at me. [quote] ...the focus of my life was the next fix of the drug. [/quote]Isn't it amazing that this isn't our life anymore. We are free from needing that fix. I sit here today at 300 days quit and realize that I do not ever HAVE to smoke or hide or lie about smoking again as long as I live. Quitting is doable. We are proof! Please keep in touch. We miss you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 300 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,013 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1050 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
�The realisation that I was not giving anything up was a revelation.� That was a biggie for me. One of the SSC members wrote about all the positive gains. It was no longer about �what I was giving up�, but instead, all of the wonderful things I was gaining. Welcome back Brent. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,382 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2333.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$472,919.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5389 Hours: 9

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: