Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Dreams of Smoking

18 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know exactly what you mean Cuddles with this shall i, shant i,in your head all the time. Since i quit i feel so good about myself which feel so positive and there is no way i want to go go back to feeling crappy all the time the way i did when i smoked. Youve done something positive, and very difficult be proud of your achievements. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had a stupid dream last night. I saw a pack of smokes sitting on the counter and I picked them up and smoked every last one. When I woke up, I felt like smoking. Man this can be way to hard sometimes. Makes you just want to give up. But I dont want to give up that is why I am here right now. The beach is so close, but seems a million years away at the moment. I really respect the ones who have made it so far into their quit, because it sure is one hell of a trip. The constant nagging of the brain, smoke, dont smoke. Stay quit, why stay quit you already ruined 30 years of your life smoking, so you might as well smoke. Its so much easier to give in and smoke, then to stay quit. I plan on getting through this day without smoking. Do not want to ruin what I have accomplised. Thanks for listening, Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Cuddles - You've already ruined 30 years of your life by smoking, so why quit now? You forgot to feed the dog yesterday so why feed him today? You forgot to pay the electric bill last month, so why start now? You didn't change the baby's diaper this morning so why bother this afternoon? You didn't finish everything at work yesterday so why bother going in today? You know what? You're right, it is easier to give in, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do. When the smoking junkie gets in your head, try applying that same thought process to other things in your life and see if it remains valid. I've been doing that and you know what? I realize, everytime, that the thoughts are wrong. They don't reflect reality. You're a lot stronger than the smoking junkie within you and you know it. You wont give in today, or tomorrow either and you know it. Stay tough. Post if you need to but don't smoke. It'll just bring you down. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$99,915.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 18

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
pure junky thinking Cuddles.....turn your back on it....reinforce with all the wonders of NOT smoking.....talk back....even out loud! and while the beach is a goal, don't forget about rewards......they keep you focused and looking forward....treat yourself "special"....after all....without YOU the junky would be running things! ;) Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1558 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62,330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8569 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 203 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$158,956.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5343 Hours: 3

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, You have given yourself some good advice! Look at your great stats, tomorrow you hit 2 months :) We are very proud of you! Try using relaxation techniques, such as stretching and breathing before bed. This may lessen those vivid dreams. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: