Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,552 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Becoming a positive person

18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amen to that! That's true for everything, really. Hang out with those you want to be like, whether in life or finances or love or whatever else. Quitting has really been a lot better for me since I stopped hanging out with my smoking friends as much(or asking them not to smoke when I'm around). So, good advice, Pamela :)
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So true, So true! I had a roommate, long ago, who was the most selfish, negative person! I never knew that about her because she was always laughing, was beautiful (on the outside) and seemed to have a wonderful life. But when we lived in the same house, the true person emerged. She always said "What about me", "I deserve it", etc.... So it rubbed off on me. I got myself into debt by saying those very same words. Everything she did, she did for herself, because she "deserved" it. She would always look on the down side and take what she wanted because she deserved it. I truely became another person when she lived with me. We soon got into an arguement, and I booted her out. I learned later that she had stopped taking her meds for bi-polar disease. That sure does explain her behavior. It took someone to point out how selfish and negative I was before I realized what had happened to me. I quickly threw that other me out the window. I truely agree that surrounding yourself with beautiful, positive, spiritual, inspiring people makes you feel like a better person. It does rub off on you, you just have to let it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
I believe there are two types of people.. "Balcony people" and "Basement people"... Balcony people are those people that when you are around them you just feel happy, happier with yourself, and life in general... Basement people are those who are always in the negative.. and dragging you down with them... The best way to learn to become a Balcony person, is to surround yourself by them... I know, because I've lived most of my life as a basement person, but I'm slowly coming back up and trying to get into that balcony... If you surround yourself with happy, positive people, IT WILL RUB OFF ON YOU.... same goes with Negative people, but who really in their hearts wants that? Another way to work on this in addition is to continuously lift others up to where you are.. refuse to let them drag you down by lifting them up... I would not suggest surrounding yourself with mostly negative people and just a couple at a time lol... Just some thoughts to ponder on... I sincerely hope they help someone.. and remember the bumble bee... it shouldn't be able to fly with it's big heavy body, and those tiny fragile wings, but She does because she bee-lieves that she can! so just keep Bee-lieving in yourself and you can accomplish ANYTHING! *hugs* love and bee-lief! ;) Pamala [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
*hugs* everyone! Glad you all liked my post and saw the honesty in it.. I posted the same exact thing elsewhere and was ridiculed by one of those "basement" people yesterday... I found it quite hilarious actually that this person was completely demonstrating a "basement" person, and yet berating me for labeling them.. hmmmm.... LOL *hugs* Love and bee-lief! Pamala
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post! Have a great day :) Melanie _________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: