Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,538 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

What to do with myself

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
chico, Firstly look at your stats. You are doing amazing! Stay strong, make use of your coping mechanisms. Find a new hobby to fill the void. Go for a walk, take a hike. Do whatever you didn't do when you smoked. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Without cigarettes my life has changed so much, I am having a difficut time dealing with the void. I have tried doing different things but ultimatley I end up sitting there with nothing to do, and looking for my ex-friend (cigarette). I cuss him, then get up and start doing something else, however that ends and I am back again. It is like a smoker trying to live in a non-smokers life. I am trying to learn how to deal with day to day activities as a non-smoker. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys for the response. I was reading another article in here that seemed to hit the spot. That person stated that quitting smoking is a personal matter and you have to more than likely handle it by yourself. Couping with your time is part of quitting smoking. I have also come to the realization that I cannot have another cigarette as long as I live. I have watched people in here after one month, one year or three years start smoking again because they just tried it once. I have to change my entire life where cigarettes were involved. Chico [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chico Many people have started to exercise. Many people walk. Some people shop and others read. Some people go outside and enjoy their parks and the places where they live. Some people clean their house and others plant a garden. Some people cook all kinds of food and others start to take school courses. Some people spend more time with their kids and others take on a project that will build their community. Some people, like myself, spend a lot of time here, reading writing and posting. Many many people here do all sorts of different things to add to their lives, this augments and reenforces their quit. We all spent between 2 and 4 hours smoking every day of our lives, that is likely the most time on any single task besides sleeping. Find something healty, relaxing and enjoyable for you. You can do it and there are a zillion options no matter where you are. Keep us informed about what you are going to do. I wouldl ike to hear how you fill in your time. Have a lovey, full and rich day. Just don't smoke. Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $262.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chico... been there, done that, got the Tshirt. I was lost without my friend too and found myself sitting in a pity pot a lot because I didn't know what else to do. Keep trying different things until you find what works for you. There are endless options but finding the one that is right for you takes motivation and that can be difficult to get up. Know that this is part of the quit process. When we quit smoking our worlds do change. There is a whole world out there that non-smokers have enjoyed that we didn't know anything about. Get out and experience it. It's wonderful. Take up a new hobby, read, join a volunteer group, or just go for a walk and enjoy the fresh air. Personally, my son is teaching me how to play golf. We are having a blast and its great quality time for us too. Oppotunity is knocking....open the door. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 266 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $931 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: