Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Valid Excuses To Smoke

18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Brown][font=Comic Sans MS] I Agree completely... I had a friend tell me she would quit smoking but, she couldn't stand to wash clothes without smoking. I couldn't say anything without being rude but, "okay, then." The bad just outweighs the bad by like a gazillion to one. Right on .. Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another hole in one. [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thgolfham.jpg[/IMG] I look forward to reading your threads. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
say it like it is!!!!! its the best way. cuddles, i read your post as "look forward to reading your threts!"lol i guess either way is right!!!! :p love ya joe!
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe, I have met Sharon and she was [u]lovely.[/u] Never once did she [i]order me[/i] to do push-ups!~lol Ah ha! Just as I suspected all your best work comes from her :p Keep up the interesting posts! (both of you :)) [color=blue]~[font=Arial]all the best[/font][/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1025 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Behind every great man is...a woman, naturally! We know all the excuses, don't we? Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 195 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,929 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have shamelessly ripped this post off from another site.. my wife posted it and yes, she did give me permission to use it! (I added the color :) ) Note to N2k.. if you think I'm a militant ex-smoker.. meet the wife. :8o: [b][color=red]Valid Excuses To Smoke[/color] [color=black]-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color] [color=black]"I was stressed out, so I started smoking again."[/color] [color=blue]Oh? And smoking relieves that? Or are you just a stressed out drug addict? How do nonsmokers deal with stress? They don't shoot up with heroin and snort cocaine, right? (Well, most of them don't, anyway...) [color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/color] [color=black]"Everyone thinks I'm a grouch and they begged me to start smoking again."[/color] [color=blue]Oh? Were you purposely extraordinarily grouchy and did you give up your self control so that you could sabotage your quit? And even if people beg you to start smoking again, are they going to be the ones with lung cancer, emphysema, and a tracheotomy (to smoke through the hole in your neck)? Chances are, most people would be more than happy to put up with a little *****iness, in order to see you break this addiction in the long-run.[/color] [color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/color] [color=black]"I'm gaining weight so I started smoking again."[/color] [color=blue]So you're going to TRIPLE your chances of a heart attack by being an overweight smoker? Bravo... Bravo.... *applauding* That makes A LOT of sense! NOT!![/color] [color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/color] [color=black]"It's just too hard and I'm tired of trying."[/color] [color=blue]Chemo-therapy is a real ###### too, but unless you want to die, you'll probably have to continue doing that. Much better if you can head it off by not smoking now. Having emphysema is hard: Like almost IMPOSSIBLE, when all you want to do is take a normal breath and you CAN'T."[/color] [color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/color] [color=black]"Quitting is just too depressing."[/color] [color=blue]And dying
  • Quit Meter

$36,332.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9768 Hours: 8

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JOE, Thank the wife for us would you! I often like the tough approach and some are more prone to it. Absolutely..there are no valid reasons for smoking, and no valid excuses. Great post, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: