Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

My Personal Reasons For Quitting Smoking

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ang, Great post, keep up the great work! Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang, I can only agree with Rusty: I also wish I would have been a wise as you are when I was 18. I thought it was cool, and eventhough my dad bribed me into not smoking I continued. And it took me more than a decade to get to the point where you are. I am so proud of you. Gaby [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey I am Ang. I am 18 years old and have smoked since i was 15. I have tried to quit about 4 times i think. Once I tried Nicotine replacement and that lasted a month and the other times Cold turkey but only lasted about three days. Most recently I fasted on the third day of my quit this time to get all the toxins out and am using hypnosis as well as Wellbutrin, but not really using wellbutrin for quitting smoking more for my general anxiety. Hwere are my personal reasons for quitting smoking i want to print this out afterwards but also want add more reasons too! I hope maybe some people can relate to my reasons too! 1. Guilt: Everytime I smoked I always feel really guilty. This is the most powerful feeling of smoking i have. 2. Worry: I always worry about cancer and other smoking related dieseases everytime I smoke. I wonder in my head is this the cigarette that is going to cause the cancer or other life threating diesease? This worry will NOT go away ever if I continue smoking 3. Hiding and Anxiety: I feel like when I am smoking in public that people are looking at me with scorn and pity that I smoke. That i might seee someone i know that i dont wanna see me smoking and theyll think badly of me. When i think about this I get all anxious when smoking and cant even relax to have one. I try denial but it just doesnt work. 4. The Smell- Everytime I come in after having a smoke I smell really bad. Not only do i smell it but my mom and my brother and they always yell at me for smoking. Sometimes i want to be with them after smoking but wait awhile or bathe or have to spray perfume before I see them so they wont yell at me for smoking and smelling like smoke. This in turn makes me feel guilty because I know I dont really want to smoke if I did i wouldnt care what they think. 5. Money- This ones pretty superficial and one of the least important ones but I still would rather save money than use it to buy something that makes me feel guilty, fearful,anxious, and worried as well as damaging my body. Plus ciagarettes are expensive. 6. Living in Constant Denial- Everytime I smoke I have to deny the truth that smoking can kill and I am no exception. I just read stories of two young people one as young as 17!!! he had to get h
  • Quit Meter

$23,786.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 445 Hours: 15

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone for the replies and support. I am going to need it, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$23,786.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 445 Hours: 15

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang, That's a great list! I can identify with all of those, as I also go into the community and teach about safety in elementary schools and would feel so guilt-ridden if I were to go into the schools smelling like smoke! You have wisdom beyond your years and are doing a marvelous thing for yourself by quitting. If I remember correctly, you have a twin sister, is that right? Has she decided to quit too? Keep up the awesome quit! You'll be so glad you did! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,566 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang, Way to go! That was a great list of reasons! I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you smoke free, but you know that you have to do this all by yourself. You sound like a very intelligent young lady so why not focus your sharp mind on your quit? Use your Strength, Determination, Commitment and Positive Attitude to make this your final quit! Actually, quitting is quite easy.. just don't smoke! Sure, it will suck for a while as your addictied body tries to trick you into another fix of nicotine, but you have the smarts to know that score and deal with it! Read all you can about the quit process. www whyquit dot com is an interesting site filled with all sorts of info on the quitting process, along with some nasty pics of what smoking does to people. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,724 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $656.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$36,336.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9769 Hours: 1

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great list! You have all the reasons down pat. Now you just have to be willing to go through the misery of some days of withdrawal. We will help you every step of the way. And remember, there is NEVER an easy time to quit - in fact, every week every month, every year more that you smoke, it will just get more difficult. Hang in there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,477 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1046.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$794,850.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5683 Hours: 12

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang, I wish I were as smart as you when I was 18. All of your reasons are excellent. Good for you for putting them out there in the light of truth! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 421 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,807 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1473.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$54,870.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 23

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Work! I wish I was as smart as you when I was that age! Good list of reasons! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,034 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$144,776.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5898 Hours: 18

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: